Technical Writer Intermediate to Advanced
- Chandler, AZ
PTIGlobal is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon and provides translation, localization, and managed services for world-wide customers. With its mission to help clients turn globalization strategy into tangible revenues, PTIGlobal manages the conversion of software, web content, documentation, and mobile apps into targeted languages, offering end users a seamless experience and transparent functionality.
We’re looking for Intermediate to Advanced level Technical Writers with Project Lead experience. Candidate should have the ability to gather content through networking, interviewing or other means, and should enjoy working closely with peers and stakeholders to generate new topics, maps, and documents from 'scratch', and apply edits to source files to ensure content freshness and accuracy. You may be the single point of contact to ensure your project is planned and developed per schedule, and maintain that plan over program lifecycle. You may use scripting languages to create scripts to automate data processing. For any given project (documents, DITA topics, etc.) you may work with other contributors including authors, editors, or publishers to assist and drive delivery.
As an Intermediate or Advanced Technical Writer in our team, you will use authoring tools to edit for grammar, technical content, usability, legal, and production purposes. You should be able to use Adobe Acrobat Pro to initiate PDF Shared Reviews. You will need strong experience with Reposit processes, for both structured and unstructured document generation, and file management system(s) such as Sharepoint, Documentum, and others.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Candidates should be team players with a strong results oriented spirit and mentality, who can effectively communicate and work with business requirements, evaluate ‘as-is’ business processes and define efficient ‘to-be’ processes as related to product technical information planning, development, review, reposit, reuse, deliver and publish. Should assist in training others when necessary (formally and informally) on tools, processes and content best methods.
These positions require strong technical authoring, editing, and reviewing skills. To be considered for these positions you must have strong, to expert level understanding and experience with:
- Reposit processes – Structured and Unstructured.
- Document generation and file management system(s) such as Sharepoint and Documentum.
- Component Content Management Systems (CCMS) such as SDL Trisoft or others.
- Creating folders, templates, topics, maps per DITA industry specification.
- Using authoring tools such as MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker to generate information sets such as PDF Books and Volumes.
- Using scripting languages such as FrameScript, Perl, and Visual Basic to create scripts to automate data processing.
- Using manual and automated methods to convert text/tables/graphics content from applications such as MS Word, Adobe FrameMaker to structured XML/DITA compliant content.
- Converting content from Word to FM; convert FM to FM.
- Using illustration tools such as MS Visio and others to create and/or modify technical illustrations.
- Generating outputs such as XML, HTML, CHM or other, and use rendering engines such as Antenna House.
A degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, and/or English is preferred - with emphasis on Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. The successful candidate will have 5 or more years of relevant Technical Writing and project lead role experience. Special consideration will be given to those with semiconductor product development and associated specifications experience:
- Must have
- Adobe Acrobat Pro, Adobe FrameMaker
- PDF, XML, HTML,CHM
- Sharepoint, Documentum
- MS Word, MS Visio
- DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture)
- SDL Trisoft, Antenna House
- Preferred to have
- JustSystems XMetal
- FrameScript, Perl, Visual Basic
SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
- Location: Chandler
This is a Full-time, long term, non-benefited, contingent worker opportunity.Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.