Network Support Tech
- Hillsboro, OR
PTIGlobal is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon and provides translation, localization, and managed services for world-wide customers. With its mission to help clients turn globalization strategy into tangible revenues, PTIGlobal manages the conversion of software, web content, documentation, and mobile apps into targeted languages, offering end users a seamless experience and transparent functionality.
Manage a multi-lab layer two Ethernet network including two Windows 2008 servers, one remote desktop + file server, and one Hyper-V VM host server. Monitor the systems for problems, process share access requests, install necessary patches, and ensure tape backup jobs complete.
• OS Patching.
• Log monitoring.
• File permissions management.
• Monitor BackupExec tape backup jobs.
• Monitor syslog alerts from the network hardware.
• Convert simple user requests into basic layer-2 switch configurations.
Model of Servers and OS load:
• Dell PowerEdge R710.
• Windows 2008 Server R2 + Hyper-V + Symantec BackupExec.
• Ticket System: Numara Track-It!
Other tasks (servers):
• Duplicate Hyper-V VM’s from a template VM.
• Restore files from tape as needed.
• Occasional loading and unloading of tapes from our tape library.
• Assist IT if they need to investigate something on the servers.
Other tasks (networks):
• Responsible for RMA-ing server and network equipment with the vendor in case of failure.
• Assist IT in locating and remediating non-complaint devices plugged into networks.
Necessary Skills (Must Have):
• Good customer service.
• Working knowledge of VLAN implementation.
• Basic understanding of IP addressing and subnetting.
• Must be comfortable with Cisco IOS and able to create VLANs on Cisco switches.
• Computer Science degree with emphasis on technical aspects and 2-4 years of experience.
Additional Skills Desired (Nice to Have):
• Familiarity with work environment and procedures in large semiconductors companies will be very helpful.
• Experience with Wireless hardware and software will be beneficial.
• Experience with Extreme Networks hardware a plus.
SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
- Location: Hillsboro
- This is a Full-Time Contingent, non-benefited opportunity.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.