Lab Support Tech
- Hillsboro, OR
PTIGlobal is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon and provides translation, localization, and managed services for world-wide customers. With its mission to help clients turn globalization strategy into tangible revenues, PTIGlobal manages the conversion of software, web content, documentation, and mobile apps into targeted languages, offering end users a seamless experience and transparent functionality.
The PVE team within the Mobile Wireless Group is looking for a highly motivated lab support technician to support the group’s equipment needs and to support general lab maintenance.
Daily Responsibilities: Keep customers happy! Check equipment in and out grouping similar items together. Diagnose and repair laptops, desktops and servers. Load operating systems on machines, firmware flash equipment, and manual data entry required with equipment check in. Ship and receive goods.
Necessary Skills (Must Have):
•Technician must be able to take written and verbal direction and work independently.
•Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and communicate with team members to set and meet expectations.
•Strong organizational skills are required.
•Technician must be able to ramp up quickly and adapt easily in a constantly-changing environment.
• Build/update/troubleshoot desktop, server, and mobile systems, including production and preproduction hardware.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft XP, Vista, and Win7.
• Understanding of general networking theory and implementation.
• Hands on experience w/network hardware and software required.
•Extensive experience with 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless protocols.
• Familiar with 802.11 wireless appliances from Cisco, Linksys, Netgear, etc.
• Computer Science degree with emphasis on technical aspects and min. 2 years of experience doing laptop repair & maintaining inventory with customer service experience.
Additional Skills Desired (Nice to Have):
•Familiarity with work environment and procedures in large semiconductors companies will be very helpful.
•Working knowledge of Linux helpful.
•Experience with Wireless hardware and software will be beneficial.
•A+, MCSE, CCNA certification a plus. Warranty certification for major brand hardware, IBM, Dell, etc.
SEND A COVER LETTER AND RESUME.
- Location: Hillsboro
This is a Full-Time Contingent, non-benefited opportunity.Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.