Necessary Skills (Must Have):
•Technician must be able to take written and verbal direction and work independently.
•Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and communicate with team members to set and meet expectations.
•Strong organizational skills are required.
•Technician must be able to ramp up quickly and adapt easily in a constantly-changing environment.
• Build/update/troubleshoot desktop, server, and mobile systems, including production and preproduction hardware.
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft XP, Vista, and Win7.
• Understanding of general networking theory and implementation.
• Hands on experience w/network hardware and software required.
•Extensive experience with 802.11 a/b/g/n wireless protocols.
• Familiar with 802.11 wireless appliances from Cisco, Linksys, Netgear, etc.
• Computer Science degree with emphasis on technical aspects and min. 2 years of experience doing laptop repair & maintaining inventory with customer service experience.
Additional Skills Desired (Nice to Have):
•Familiarity with work environment and procedures in large semiconductors companies will be very helpful.
•Working knowledge of Linux helpful.
•Experience with Wireless hardware and software will be beneficial.
•A+, MCSE, CCNA certification a plus. Warranty certification for major brand hardware, IBM, Dell, etc.