PACE1028 Software QA Tester
- Rockville, MD
Headquartered in Columbia, MD, PACE Computer Solutions is a leading provider of end-to-end technology consulting service for initiatives ranging from Emerging Technologies (Cloud/Open Source) and Application Management Services (full life cycle) to Systems/Enterprise Applications Integration and Business Intelligence. We support the Federal, DoD and Commercial sectors providing resources for various client initiatives. PACE Computer Solutions again was named, for the third consecutive year, to INC. 500/5000 magazine's "Fastest Growing Private Companies" list in our industry. For additional information on how PACE Computer Solutions can support your job search call 877.225.PACE or visit us at www.pace-solutionsinc.com.
An innovative and dynamic CMMI Maturity Level 3 rated IT company is seeking an experienced software QA Tester to work on application development and system integration projects. As a member of the QA Team, the Software QA Tester will work with a variety of groups including analysts, developers, and technical writers. The primary focus of the Software QA Tester will be to develop, implement, and document all testing activities, including test planning, test documentation, test execution, defect tracking and reporting, including follow-up and issue resolution. The Software QA Tester will also participate in the continuous development of the QA Team’s standard practices and procedures.
- Participate in planning all testing activities accordingly to ensure deliverables are met on time; including test planning, test execution, defect tracking, and reporting.
- Plan, design, evaluate, and execute test cases and test plans for Functional, Performance, Stress, and Regression testing.
- Implement tests based on systems understanding and analysis of functional and systems specifications.
- Effectively and accurately document and analyze all test results to accurately assess product quality and proactively work to resolve any issues.
- Establish and maintain test data.
- Document and present detailed and summary test findings throughout the life of the project.
- Communicate effectively to ensure that all testing needs are being assessed and addressed to ensure products meet or exceed client expectations.
- Maintain baseline test metrics for each application, component, and release.
- Continue to develop technical expertise related to testing of Enterprise applications.
- Effectively balance work on multiple projects and teams simultaneously.
- The candidate will have significant hands-on VBScript programming experience; certification in QTP 10.0 or later preferred.
- The candidate will be very detail oriented, with excellent technical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Experience testing BusinessObjects, ColdFusion, and Java Applications.
- Strong hands-on SQL skills, Oracle preferred.
- Experience testing software for Section 508 compliance.
- Considerable hands-on experience executing both manual & automated testing.
- Experience writing test documentation such as Test Plans, scripts and test results reports.
- Must be able to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced, on-time deliverable environment.
- Strong analytical skill and mindset, with research, problem solving, and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to analyze/interpret test results and provide recommendations to improve testing.
- Very strong organization, multi-tasking, communication, time management, and documentation skills.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field.
- 7+ years of strong hands-on Web/Java QA testing experience, with a thorough knowledge of SDLC principles and QA methodologies.
Apply here directly. Please contact Tendayi Kumbula at (443) 539-0279 or email me directly at Tendayi.Kumbula@pace-solutionsinc.com to discuss this opportunity.