Business Systems Analyst Architect
- Los Angeles, CA
We specialize in building and supporting high-availability information technology and information support environments. We are familiar with the challenges and responsibilities of managing large, multi-platform, mission critical environments.
Unbiased expert technical consulting forms the cornerstone of our business partner relationships. We strive to help our partners implement the right business solutions for their environment.
Official Title is Principal Business Systems Analyst. Serves a key-management/client interface role for a 7x24 production print, fulfillment and automated mail facility. This position is responsible for leading the architectural vision of the systems/applications of the business unit. Also, developing, lead and driving, key cross functional initiatives within the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Lead requirements analysis and verification, ensuring that requirement statements and business rules are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards.
- Participate in requirements prioritization
- Lead the architectural vision of the systems/applications
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in requirements management tool. Define requirement attributes and facilitate their use throughout the project.
- Manage requirements traceability information and track requirements status throughout the project.
- Manage changes to baseline requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools.
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process.
- Assist with the development of the organization's requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, , surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Functional requirements & Business Requirements Documents
- Present issues, solutions and options to an audience in a clear, effective, and appropriate-to-their-level manner.
- Manage projects, requiring multiple resources, including planning, monitoring, reporting progress, and executing to plan.
- Be the conduit (translator) between the client business units, Print Facility production staff, client technology teams and support teams.
- Maintain awareness of the capabilities and limitations of the technology underlying business applications and the capabilities of the organization as a whole.
- Ensure client, and project team compliance with change management procedures
- In conjunction with production teams and client, develop, and validate, process documentation relating to key production activities being affected by business requirements and/or project dependencies.
- Produce documentation, including project plans, analytical reports, decision backup, information research reports, budget analyses, training plans and business justifications
- Anticipate client needs before they arise and presents solutions to project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understand expectations that were set with client and proactively recognize, and mitigate issues/events that may affect delivery.
- Provide direction, and guidance, to business analysts supporting key roles on extended project team
EXPERIENCE AND SPECIAL SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 8-12 years related experience in business systems analysis and project management
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate in both technical and user-friendly language
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS-Project, Outlook. Lotus Notes - a plus
- Health care payor/health insurance industry experience, a plus
- Previous experience with process/quality/continuous improvement programs (Six Sigma, LEAN or institutional quality programs) a plus
Department: Business Operations
Employee Type: Full-Time
Title: Business Systems Analyst Architect
Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm)