- Calgary, Canada
Palantir Solutions is an integrated consulting and software company providing economic and planning solutions and services to the upstream oil and gas industry with offices in the UK, US, Canada, India and Singapore. This role will be based in our Calgary office.
Palantir provides a work environment that is entrepreneurial, fast-paced and varied. We are looking for a strong and determined individual to lead the Quality Assurance and Testing functions for a new software product in our fast growing, specialized niche organization. This is an opportunity for a skilled and experienced QA Lead to work in a standalone role managing and developing the QA function within the organisation. We are looking for someone who loves to solve problems and troubleshoot.
- Review, evaluate, and document existing Quality Assurance/testing code, processes and contributors.
- Review, evaluate, document dedicated/shared/contributed hardware testing environments.
- Working with Palantir’s support team, customers and wider user community, document existing and future hardware/software environments, as well as areas of concern for them.
- Ensure test coverage across a broad range of environments, testing all elements of the release process.
- Correlate areas of focus, and prioritize testing methodologies based on prior areas of concern, and areas of current/future development focus.
- Publish, champion, and revise plans in partnership with all stakeholders.
- Ability to deliver clear, concise test summary reports.
- Put together a plan for future testing, including areas for development, hardware/lab requirements, and staffing requirements, to obtain specific results.
- Manage a per-release QA plan, using existing engineering and hardware
- Ensure release alpha and beta test programs, developed with product manager, have clearly define deliverables and timelines, and that these are met.
- Review historical, existing and ongoing bug reports to identify areas needing specific attention.
- Liaison with Commercialization Manager and Software Development Manager to ensure delivery of a high-quality product is compatible with release timeline targets.
- Test conformance of products to unit, regression, user interface and static code analysis.
- Create and maintain demo/eval database and test database data that accurately represent the full representation of system functionality.
- Mentor QA Engineers in testing best practices.
- BSc in computing related discipline.
- 8+ years of experience in QA/testing including hands on manual and automated testing techniques.
- Experience of working in a .NET environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of test management tools including Microsoft unit testing, FxCop or Code Analysis, and NDepends.
- Experience of test planning, design, implementation, execution and management; writing and reviewing test scripts.
- Broad exposure to a range of different testing types, including acceptance testing, regression testing, black –box, white-box and functional testing, system and integration testing, smoke and exploratory testing.
- Good knowledge of SQL querying, databases, application servers, application version control.
- Working knowledge of source control tools, automated build processes, issue management, and continuous integration.
- Agile process exposure, including user stories, acceptance criteria, iterative development, release planning, agile estimating and planning, Test Driven Development TDD.
- Commitment to excellence, entrepreneurial, and self-motivated.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal/listening skills and written communication.
- Creative abilities and mindset.
- Willingness to travel.
We want only the best people for our company. Our people are self-starters, work independently with the latest technology and with an exceptionally intelligent team. Our interviews will require personality, aptitude and skill tests. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful and rapidly expanding global organisation