- Chicago, IL
Based on Chicago, IL, Panopta is a leading provider of real-time performance monitoring. Panopta provides IT professionals and hosts reliable, actionable data for optimizing website and application availability, as well as managing service disruptions. If you want to work at a fun, fast-paced environment where innovation is our cornerstone of success, this might be the place for you.
We are looking for a system administrator to join Panopta's operations team, working with us to maintain 24x7 operations of a globally-distributed infrastructure of more than 30 locations on four continents.
This job would be responsible for:
- Day-to-day operations of our distributed monitoring infrastructure, ensuring that all parts of systems are up and running as expected.
- Capacity planning to map out needs for ongoing system upgrades, followed by deployment and enablement of infrastructure expansions.
- Development of scripts and tools for automation of system deployment and upgrades.
- Management of a constantly growing multi-vendor virtual machine farm.
- All systems operations needs such as backups, security patches and upgrades that are needed to keep our systems secure and running efficiently.
- Collaborate with our development and product management teams to evaluate the impact of new feature ideas for our monitoring service. At times, this will include real-world testing of new features as we are heavy advocates of eating our own dog food.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or Math
- 2-3 years working in a systems administrator role
- Experience working in large-scale, multi-location envirionments with a focus on automated systems deployment and management tools.
- Strong Linux skills are a must as our core infrastructure is all Linux based (Ubuntu/Debian primarily). Windows experience is a plus.
- Large-scale database management experience, both for traditional relational databases (MySQL) and non-relational systems such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J and HBase.
- A passion for operating a large-scale environment and keeping it running 24x7, without fear that a mistake could trigger alerts to thousands of our customers phones.
All positions unless otherwise noted are based in Chicago, IL.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.