- Chicago, IL, USA, Chicago, IL
Panopta is a SaaS monitoring tool that helps companies monitor their stack from every angle - external, on-server, and behind the firewall. Founded 2007, we've been able to remain small and nimble while scaling our product to meet the needs of any customer size and environment. We love exploring new technology and keeping our tight-nit team running healthy with interesting work. Most of all, we're a small team who loves what we do.
We're looking for a mid-to-senior level developer - but all levels of experience should consider applying. We've found that education, schooling, and years of experience aren't great indicators of success, so please don't hesitate to apply or reach out to us.
In this role, you will:
- Build new features, fix bugs, and find ways to make yourself a better dev while you're at it
- Work with Product to make things better, fix what doesn't work, and shorten the feedback loop
- Work with Ops to get stuff out the door and make sure it runs smoothly (we use Ansible heavily)
- Shape the future of our tech - we're big on using the right tool for the job. Want to explore a new technology? Go for it. Then tell us why we should (or shouldn't) use it
- Help other team members learn what you know. We love learning - a lot. We do 1x1 learning sessions to help share knowledge, no matter the topic. You'll teach sales why unit testing is important, and they'll teach you why being in sales isn't so bad (so they say)
- Someone who isn't afraid to jump into the code, front-end or back-end; whether you have experience with it or not, you should be eager to dive in
- A fan of Python. We write a lot of it, and so will you. Go, Dart, Rust and similar language experience can work too
- Eager to work on the front-end as well. We're migrating over to Vue.js and you'll be part of building out new features with it
- Great with Linux. You have hands on, real-world experience with it. We mainly use Ubuntu, but we support RHEL, BSD, CentOS, Windows and whatever else customers may need
- Cool with distributed architectures. We have nodes around the world (50+ locations) and utilize parallel and concurrent principles heavily
++ Bonus Points For:
- Familiarity with systems and network administrations. You don’t need to be a sysadmin to be successful in this role, but most of our customers are; an understanding of how they work and think is valuable to delivering the best solutions for them
- Mobile application development experience with iPhone/iPad and/or Android is a plus, especially if you have experience with a hybrid app framework such as Cordova or Ionic
- This position is based in our headquarters office in the River North area of Chicago, conveniently located near public transportation.
- Panopta offers competitive salaries and benefits and a flexible, fast-paced environment that gives ample room for professional growth.
- Have a direct impact on a hi-tech product with an active and advanced user base - everyone’s voice is heard
Our team is diverse - Panopta values and promotes diversity. We are an an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.