Freedom of Information Act FOIA Management Specialist
- Bethesda, MD
Panum Group is seeking a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Management Specialist with government agency experience to provide services for a government client in Washington, DC.
Position Title: Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Management Specialist
To provide support for the Federal Agency for compliance with Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)/Privacy Act (PA) and Directives Management support. Support requirement in the areas is listed below:
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT (FOIA) AND PRIVACY ACT (PA) MANAGEMENT.
- Analyze and review the laws, regulations, and agency procedures on the Freedom of Information Act.
- Provide technical advice, assistance, and training to Agency offices.
- Advise the agency on FOIA legislative requirements that may emanate from legislation, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Bulletins, USDA regulations, and internal Agency directives.
- Advise and make recommendations on policy implementation policies, plans, and procedures governing the Agency's FOIA/PA management System.
- Assist with publishing FOIA regulations, as required, in the Federal Register.
- Process incoming FOIA and PA requests and monitor responses for legal and other requirements. Advises Agency on matters related to FOIA/PA. Assist with preparing monthly reports and annual reports to the U.S. Congress and to OMB as required.
AGENCY DIRECTIVES MANAGEMENT.
- Develop recommendations as to appropriate modifications of proposed directives to ensure that such directives: (1) comply with and effectuate applicable laws, regulations, and related administrative issuance's of the Department, the Agency, and other Federal agencies having jurisdiction over pertinent activities (2) accurately convey Department/Agency missions, policies, and standards; and (3) comport with and promote sound directives management principles (e.g., ensure that directives are clear, concise, complete, consistent, etc.).
- Assist with promoting effective and efficient directives management Agency-wide.
- Survey and review existing directives systems Agency-wide to determine that sound directives management techniques are being applied.
- Provide technica1 advice, assistance, and training to managers, supervisors, and program specialists in the development and maintenance of the directives system.
- Coordinate administrative clearance of proposed directives to ensure that concurrence is secured from appropriate authority. This function requires oversight of directives originators to ensure that they recognize the significance of their issuance's to each element of the Agency and involve the proper officials in final approval of all proposals.
- Legal education/experience – Law degree or paralegal training. Ability to make legal assessment and interpretation.
- 3+ years related experience with the Federal Government environment/operation, with particular emphasis on Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Privacy Act (PA) and relevant OMB directives/initiatives.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize. Strong attention to detail, highly organized and able to thrive in a busy, deadline driven atmosphere.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact effectively.
- Proficient in FOIAXpress (FX)
- Routinely prepares business submitter notifications
Qualified candidates please send resume to the information below:
Sr. Technical Recruiter/Recruiting Manager