Data Warehouse Architect (Technical Lead)
- Minneapolis, MN
This position is a key position as it will be customer facing.
The primary role is to design, develop and deliver data warehouse solutions for Retail customers. This person is the overseer of the data architecture design for the data warehouse project(s) and must have skills in logical/physical design. The individual must have expertise in converting business and technical requirements into a comprehensive data design for the warehouse.
- Partner with the Teradata SAs and Consulting Partners and Executive Program Managers to identify new Teradata opportunities.
- Analyze and define logical design to support enterprise information needs, ensuring efficient, effective distribution of database resources.
- Analyze and define physical database design.
- Lead and consult in highly complex EDW Engagements
- Serve as the primary interface to the ADC offshore development team as well as on shore team.
- Ability to analyze, consult and solve technical issues and problems that may arise during the project lifecycle
- Ability to analyze, consult and solve issues with performance issues
- Ability to present and conduct meetings with high level management from both Teradata and Teradata clients
Provide technical presentations and demonstrations to customers
- 10 plus years of experience or equivalent.
- In-depth knowledge of Telecommunications data and processes.
- Previous work experience in large systems (VLSI); TERADATA, IBM, DEC-VAX, utilizing DB2, RDB, ORACLE DBMS Systems.
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of in-depth Teradata experience.
- Multiple Teradata Certifications a PLUS.
- Experience in the design and implementation of relational DBs at an enterprise level.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Expert level Teradata data warehouse implementation experience
- Expert level Informatica/Teradata architecture experience.
- Teradata SQL.
- Good understanding and working understanding of Erwin.
- Teradata Utilities (TPump; Multiload; Fastload; FastExport).
- UNIX. - DB2 (DB2 to Teradata Migration Experience is MANDATORY).
This is a long term position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.