Maintain proper cash handling and cashiering duties for patients, visitors, and guests while meeting the standards outlined by the JCAHO, PSI and the hospital. Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and thanking every customer.
- Receive and receipt of a variety of payments.
- Balance receipt tapes against cash drawer. Investigate and resolve any out-of-balance problems.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on register and accurately maintain all cash and media at the register.
- Prepare daily cash reports and reconcile cash, check, coupons, hospital vouchers, and management approved complimentary parking.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supply stock.
- Communicate effectively on a radio.
- Stand and greet patients and visitors during slow times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- High degree of attention regarding ticket counts, vouchers and cash handling.
- Ability to communicate parking information and policies in a manner easily understood by the customer.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer inquiries.
- Able to analyze and solve problems.
- Must maintain confidentiality of patients, visitors, staff and guests.
- Ability to operate equipment in assigned area.