Maintain proper cash handling and cashiering duties for patients, visitors, and guests while meeting the standards outlined by the JCAHO, PSI and the hospital. Greet and acknowledge all customers in a friendly, professional manner and provide quick, responsive customer service.
- Ensure each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and thanking every customer.
- Receive and receipt of a variety of payments.
- Balance receipt tapes against cash drawer. Investigate and resolve any out-of-balance problems.
- Accurately and efficiently ring on register and accurately maintain all cash and media at the register.
- Prepare daily cash reports and reconcile cash, check, coupons, hospital vouchers, and management approved complimentary parking.
- Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supply stock.
- Communicate effectively on a radio.
- Stand and greet patients and visitors during slow times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- High degree of attention regarding ticket counts, vouchers and cash handling.
- Ability to communicate parking information and policies in a manner easily understood by the customer.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer inquiries.
- Able to analyze and solve problems.
- Must maintain confidentiality of patients, visitors, staff and guests.
- Ability to operate equipment in assigned area.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Must be able to meet health requirements such as TB test, Hepatitis screen, etc.
- Education Minimum: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
- Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions.
- Must have flexible schedule and be able to work any hours requested.
- Schedules are subject to change based on operational needs.
- Applicants may be rejected if an interview or background checks reveals that the applicant has been convicted or offense against property such as receipt of stolen property, larceny, embezzlement, burglary or similar convictions.
- Ability to work in an environment that is not necessarily protected from weather and temperature changes with exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull objects up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation, and exhibit full range of motion including standing, bending, stooping, kneeling, reaching, twisting, lifting, pushing, pulling, climbing, balancing, and crouching.
- Ability to stand continuously and perform job functions for a full shift.
- 2nd Shift (2-11pm)
- Candidates should be able to work off-hours, including nights & weekends
- Please note: All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.