- East Rochester, NY
In 1955, Dominic J. Parrone founded D.J. Parrone & Associates P.C. to provide high quality professional engineering and land surveying services. By embracing the latest technologies and focusing on employee education, the firm has experienced vibrant growth while holding true to the values it was founded upon.
Parrone Engineering, as it is called today, employs highly skilled professionals who are prepared to tackle any challenge. Our firm seeks qualified individuals who exemplify our core values of people, responsibility, leadership and growth. Some of the benefits we offer include health insurance, 401K program, paid time off, professional development and paid holidays.
The AutoCAD Technician performs non-routine and complex drafting assignments using AutoCAD Civil 3D that require the application of most of the standardized drawing techniques regularly used. He/she will coordinate with engineers to produce drawings from design information.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic engineering design using CADD
- Work in close support with the design originator and may recommend design changes
- Analyze the effect of each change on the details of the form, function and positional relationships of the design
- Communicate with co-workers, managers, clients, agencies, guests and others in a professional and courteous manner
- Other projects or duties may be assigned
- Graduate of a recognized college or technical school
- 3 to 10 years of related experience
- Ability to produce engineering drawings from design information provided by engineers
- Knowledge of codes and design and construction practices
- Experienced with one or more CADD platforms such as AutoCAD
- Familiarity with Civil 3D preferred
- High degree of honesty, integrity and professionalism
- Good communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal
- Team player with the ability to work with people at all levels of the company
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-starter with strong problem solving skills
- Willingness to adhere to all company policies and safety procedures
Parrone Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.