Full Stack Engineer- SaaS
- Washington, DC, USA, Washington, DC
Pascal Metrics is using advanced real-time data analytics to improve healthcare. We combine scientific research, clinical, and technology expertise to deliver patient safety and risk management solutions to some of the most prestigious healthcare systems in the world.
The company’s roots in research, academia, and clinical medicine are infused in our culture. We favor data-driven approaches that are rooted in science. We value intellectual inquiry that results in practical application. At Pascal Metrics, we build products with the potential for improving the care for billions of people across the globe, and that’s what drives us to work hard and achieve success each day.
Pascal Metrics has a flexible approach to telecommuting. When onsite at our Georgetown headquarters, team members can take a break and enjoy a walk along the Waterfront or indulge in the many great restaurants Georgetown has to offer. We urge you to learn more about what makes Pascal Metrics one of the most rewarding places to work in DC.
We are looking for a software engineer to join our team at our headquarters in Georgetown, Washington DC. You have the opportunity to help build a SaaS platform for monitoring and improving patient safety in hospitals.
If you love to crank out code for fun, commit to open source projects in your spare time, or can otherwise demonstrate a passion for cutting-edge software development, we’d love to hear from you.
- You are a self-motivated, prolific software developer that is able to work effectively in a small team.
- You possess a solid understanding of practical software design and development.
- You enjoy learning and being challenged everyday.
- You are biased towards action but understand when its time to pause and reflect.
- You thrive in an exciting, dynamic environment motivated by a bold startup mentality.
- You have extensive experience with building Java web-applications using open source frameworks and libraries.
- You take pride and interest in your craft beyond the day job
Bonus points if:
- You have experience with Play Framework, Dropwizard, MongoDB, Hibernate, Spring Framework
- You have built and operated robust, scalable distributed systems, preferably on AWS
- You have an appreciation for scrum and similar agile development methodologies
- You are capable of building beautiful user interfaces
- You have exposure to principles of risk management and quantitative analysis
We offer competitive salaries, flexible work hours, excellent benefits, and daily engaging challenges.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, nondisqualifying disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation/nonaffilition, genetic information, marital status, or parental status.