Accounts Receivable - Collections Representative
- Cincinnati, OH
PatientPoint® is the leader and innovator of patient and physician engagement solutions at the point of care. PatientPoint award-winning patient education programs and care coordination platform drive meaningful outcomes for patients, healthcare providers and program sponsors. The PatientPoint Care Coordination Platform is the first mobile-enabled care coordination and patient engagement platform to be prevalidated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for 2011 patient-centered medical home (PCMH) criteria. PatientPoint serves more than 61,000 physicians across all programs and more than 570 hospitals throughout the U.S., and impacts over 456 million patient and caregiver exposures annually. Learn more at www.patientpoint.com.
The Accounts Receivable - Collections Representative position serves as a focal point for all aspects of the collections side of the cash flow process; timely collection of accounts receivable, resolving customer billing problems and reducing accounts receivable delinquency in a professional and timely manner.
Essential Functions Include:
- Prepare and analyze aging report for assigned accounts each week.
- Make daily collection calls, negotiating with past due accounts & sending follow-up inquiries.
- Records information about financial & payment status of customer account(s) and documents all collection efforts, keeping sales representatives aware of account status.
- Research and resolve customer inquiries/disputes as requested by customer. Follow up until resolved
- Enforce payment terms.
- Work with other credit department and business unit personnel to investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Must possess strong ability to create and maintain account relationships while effectively managing all past due account balances within assigned area of collection.
- Business acumen, cross functional competence, excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Stress and Time Management skills.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve negotiate and reason.
- Minimum of high school education.
- 2 to 5+ years accounts receivable collections and general accounting experience.
- Prior Commercial collections experience is strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) intermediate to advanced.
- Proficient knowledge of collections software. (Great Plains, QuickBooks).
Offices in Chicago, NYC, Little Rock and Orlando – Headquartered in Cincinnati.
PatientPoint is committed to finding the best candidate every time for every position and we proudly comply with all Federal and State employment laws while doing so.
Your information will be kept confidential in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws.