Chief Marketing Officer
- Seattle, WA, USA
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
With a $325M investment in hand – PayScale is poised to take off, and we’re looking for the Chief Marketing Officer who will help us reach our full potential in this next chapter of growth and scale. We’re looking for the “Purple Squirrel” CMO who is as passionate about building a best-in-class team as they are about leading that high-performing SaaS marketing organization. They’re particularly talented at creating and executing upon the company’s overall engagement strategy and voice, aimed at all three primary audiences – Consumers, Prospective Clients, and Current Clients. They’re a “player-coach” and thrive equally when solving problems on the ground with their team, as well as in the board room with the rest of executive leadership. Reporting directly into the CEO, this will be PayScale’s first ever Chief Marketing Officer– who will help us increase profitability and further our position as the market leader.
In this role, this individual will:
- Identify marketing strategies and compelling campaigns and partnerships to accelerate revenue growth, drive traffic to our website, and increase sales pipeline, customer acquisition, and retention rates.
- Develop critical metrics and marketing reports for the executive team based on annual marketing objectives that demonstrate contribution to new and add-on revenue goals.
- Own positioning, messaging, branding, segmentation, marketing strategy, and creative direction.
- Utilize data insights and analytics to deliver superior, personalized customer experiences and measurable business results.
- Lead cross-functional campaigns for product launch or demand generation and specify messaging and offers as well as desired outcomes like responses, MQL and value.
- Collaborate with Development and Product Marketing teams to provide input to the product roadmap in order to take advantage of market opportunities.
- Develop partner marketing and channel ecosystem to drive increased adoption and awareness among strategic partners.
- Enhance analyst and PR programs to drive awareness and visibility to both thought leadership and data-driven insights developed at PayScale.
- Develop integrated conference event strategy to drive new prospect activities and enhance existing customer value.
- Customer Champion: you align organizations around customer centricity
- Capability Builder: you have experience developing robust marketing capabilities (technology fluency, digital expertise, customer data and insights, data analytics)
- Innovation Catalyst: you create breakthrough customer offerings and advance marketing by experimenting with new technology platforms, alternative media, new tools and techniques
- Chief Storyteller: you have an exceptional talent for architecting brands by creating and telling brand stories and inviting consumers to participate in the narrative
- Growth Driver: you're experienced in creating and managing plans to achieve sustainable, profitable growth through actively growing revenue across all business activities
- 15+ years executive marketing experience, with a focus on demand gen, product marketing and content
- Experience of running marketing for $100M+ high growth SaaS
- Proven success partnering with sales and customer success teams
- Experience developing partner marketing and channel programs
- Analyst and Public Relations experience at scale
- Significant events marketing experience, including owning internal conference strategy
- Deep knowledge of market trends and the competitive landscape to shape marketing strategy within SaaS (HCM a plus)
- Inspirational leader that will align the company behind our key targets, partners, and products to beat future business goals
- Outstanding communication skills, effective influencer, ability to build credibility quickly and able to provide clear direction and feedback to analytic and creative marketing people.
- Strong analytical skills – able to leverage data into actionable insights to create impactful marketing programs.
- Proven ability to increase awareness and engagement through innovative storytelling and brand building
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Excellent Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.