Part Time Front Desk Coordinator - Physical Therapy
- Duluth, GA
Founded in 1953, Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic has been serving the orthopaedic needs of the Atlanta community for nearly 60 years. The practice includes 28 highly-skilled specialists, all Board Certified or Board eligible. POC has six convenient locations to serve our patient's needs as well as three physical rehabilitation locations, a state-of-the-art surgical center, and an MRI facility. Clinic doctors serve as orthopaedists for the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Georgia State University as well as advisors to the Atlanta Ballet. However, the majority of the Clinic’s sports medicine practice is the care and treatment of the recreational athlete. Please visit our website at www.pocatlanta.com.
Greets, instructs and directs patients/visitors. Checks patients in and out and prepares patient charts for clinic. Verifies insurance, explains benefits, collects co-pays, and manages therapist schedules. Works with
therapists to maximize productivity, does internal and external marketing.
Employees in this position are required to proficiently perform any combination of the duties and responsibilities outlined below.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in the computer.
- Reviews insurance benefits with patients prior to initial appointments.
- Prepares patient charts for the following day which includes preparing all “new patient” documentation as well as updating information for “established patients”.
- Promptly answers incoming phone calls and triages calls as needed.
- Calls insurance companies, worker’s compensation adjusters and attorneys to verify patient coverage for therapy.
- Handles patient check out, collecting co-pays and making return appointments.
- Keeps a daily collection sheet of all co-pays and totals cash, checks, and credit cards at the end of each day. Copies all checks and collection sheet for billing; responsible for reconciliation of daily receivables.
- Prepares certified medical records as requested by insurance carriers, patients and attorneys.
- Assists patients with ambulatory difficulties, i.e., obtaining wheelchairs, etc.
- Maintains waiting room (coffee and magazines) in neat and orderly fashion.
- Manages daily therapist schedule.
- Assists physical therapy team with daily tasks as necessary.
- Education Minimum education required: high school diploma
- Work Experience Minimum 2 years experience as front desk coordinator in a health care organization to include basic knowledge of insurance plans, coverage and procedures. Experience in an outpatient physical therapy setting a plus.
- Licensing and/or Certifications NA
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Required Knowledge of:
Knowledge of basic business office procedures; knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to type patient information.
Skilled in operating a computer including computerized schedules and MS office software, photocopy, fax and scanning machines. Excellent customer service skills required to greet patients and answer phones in a pleasant and helpful manner; ability to speak clearly and concisely. Must be able to multi-task.
Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction. Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic or numeric systems. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public. Strong organizational skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Work may require sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, ability to type 50 wpm, operation of a telephone fax, copier, computer, printer and such other office equipment as may be required. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be within the normal range for telephone contact. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long period and to work in an environment requiring multi-tasking and attention to detail that may be very stressful.