Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant
- Atlanta, GA
Founded in 1953, Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic has been serving the orthopaedic needs of the Atlanta community for nearly 60 years. The practice includes 28 highly-skilled specialists, all Board Certified or Board eligible. POC has six convenient locations to serve our patient's needs as well as three physical rehabilitation locations, a state-of-the-art surgical center, and an MRI facility. Clinic doctors serve as orthopaedists for the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Georgia State University as well as advisors to the Atlanta Ballet. However, the majority of the Clinic’s sports medicine practice is the care and treatment of the recreational athlete. Please visit our website at www.pocatlanta.com.
This particular AA position requires someone that is very mature, accustomed to working with high-end clients (attorneys, physicians, etc), excellent written and oral communication skills, a professional appearance and demeanor, great with multi-tasking, pays close attention to detail,
The Administrative/Executive Assistant will perform a variety of administrative duties to support executive level staff. This position requires a level of experience and skill in working with high level clients (attorneys, physicians etc).
Position Responsibilities: (Other duties may be required and assigned)
- Performs administrative/clerical duties including preparation, processing, faxing and mailing of general and advanced correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business plans, etc.
- Requires performing various personal assistant duties for the physician (lunch for the team, minor personal errands, purchasing holiday gifts for clients, etc.),
- Some marketing assignments to local referral sources, etc.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, physician travel arrangements as well as departmental activities
- Assists in the management of schedules/calendars
- Coordinates functions, retreats, celebrations for organization
- Coordinates system credentialing (privileges) for ASC, hospitals, etc.
- Maintains policy manual and telecommunications directories
- Participates in and facilitates new employee orientation
- Responsible for confidential, time-sensitive and non-routine information
- Sorts and distributes mail and determines level of priority
- Takes messages and/or answers all routine and non-routine questions
- Files, assists in processing of internal paperwork
- Attend meetings and perform related duties as required.
- Employee has responsibility of and is expected to adhere to all Peachtree Orthopaedic
- Clinic policies and procedures, to strictly comply with all laws, rules, and regulations, and to consistently engage in ethical patient care and business practices.
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
Experience: 7+ years of experience in an administrative support position, 5+ years experience supporting a senior level executive. Medical or orthopaedic experience is a plus.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels within the organization
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in work processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, ADP.)
- Work requires continual attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.