Appointments Coordinator - Medical Practice - Full Time
- Atlanta, GA
Founded in 1953, Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic has been serving the orthopaedic needs of the Atlanta community for nearly 60 years. The practice includes 28 highly-skilled specialists, all Board Certified or Board eligible. POC has six convenient locations to serve our patient's needs as well as three physical rehabilitation locations, a state-of-the-art surgical center, and an MRI facility. Clinic doctors serve as orthopaedists for the Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks, Georgia State University as well as advisors to the Atlanta Ballet. However, the majority of the Clinic’s sports medicine practice is the care and treatment of the recreational athlete. Please visit our website at www.pocatlanta.com.
Coordinates appointments, pre-registers patients and addresses all aspects of physician template management. Must be able to work Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm and an occasional Saturday.
To be considered for this position you must have 2+ years of relative experience working within a medical office setting.
- Pre-registers each new patient, obtaining required information for computer program including all patient demographic information.
- Schedules appointments based on availability, location, time, doctor, payor mix, and injury status for all locations.
- Schedules re-check appointments and MRI appointments.
- Prepares monthly calendar of physicians’ schedules to verify physician vacations, on-call schedules, and actual clinic time.
- Communicates with physician and other clinical staff members regarding schedule changes and conflicts.
- Attends periodic meetings as required.
- Triages calls for on-call days, communicating with clinical staff to coordinate work-in appointments.
- Contacts satellite clinics to notify of same day appointments.
- Maintains individual and group voice mail and returns both inside and outside calls in a timely manner.
- Employee has responsibility of and is expected to adhere to all Peachtree Orthopaedic Clinic policies and procedures, to strictly comply with all laws, rules, and regulations, and to consistently engage in ethical patient care and business practices
- Minimum education required: High School Diploma
Minimum of two years experience as a computerized appointment scheduler in a medical office setting; knowledge of medical terminology preferred; Basic knowledge of insurance plans a plus; previous computer experience and general knowledge of computer software programs preferred. Two years customer service and call center experience
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Work may require sitting for long periods of time, also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds, requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, operate a calculator, telephone, copies, dictation recorded, computer and such other office equipment as necessary. Vision must be correctable to 20/20 and hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts. It is necessary to view and type on computer screens for long periods and to work in an environment which can be very stressful.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Required Knowledge of: Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation to accurately record patient information.
- Required Skills: Good organization, problem-solving and error detection skills are a must.
Skill in answering the telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Required Abilities: Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction, as well as to speak clearly and concisely, Ability to sort and file materials correctly by alphabetic and numeric systems, Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and the public