Data Warehouse Business Intelligence Engineer
- Emeryville, CA
Peet's Coffee & Tea, Inc. is the premier specialty coffee and tea company in the United States. The company was founded in 1966 in Berkeley, Calif. by Alfred Peet. Peet was an early tea authority who later became widely recognized as the grandfather of specialty coffee in the U.S. Today, Peet’s Coffee & Tea offers superior quality coffees and teas in multiple forms, by sourcing the best quality coffee beans and tea leaves in the world, adhering to strict high-quality and taste standards, and controlling product quality through its unique direct store delivery selling and merchandising system. Peet’s is committed to strategically growing its business through many channels while maintaining the extraordinary quality of its coffees and teas.
The DWBI Engineer works closely with the product management team, other engineers and business users in the design of new data warehouse components and data marts, complex ETL loading procedures, and providing documentation (data mapping, functional specifications, data dictionaries, test cases, client support, etc.) for all projects.
- Gather, analyze and validate business requirements from non-technical functional users and subject matter experts
- Design, code, automate, schedule, and monitor load jobs.
- Design and implement reports and dashboards
- Implement reliable ETL processes
- Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on functional side of the business
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, storage, and retrieval processes
- Work closely with data analysts to construct creative solutions for their analysis tasks
- Maintain an awareness of existing, new and emerging data warehousing technologies
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and ETL development
- Strong SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008) skills
- Experience in Cognos 8+
- Experience in MSAS, SSIS, Reporting Services, Framework Manager, SSRS, Cognos Report Studio
- Understanding of OLAP/Multidimensional Data Objects (Cubes)
- 4-5 years industry experience as Cognos Business Intelligence Developer
- Some level of expertise around database programming and performance tuning techniques
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts
- Strong customer service and relationship building experience involving a deep understanding of customer and
- business needs
- Advanced quantitative and problem resolution skills exhibiting the ability to resolve complex database/data warehouse issues; successfully analyze and evaluate alternatives and draw valid conclusions.
Peet’s Coffee & Tea is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.