- New York, NY
Pensa is an award winning product design and invention firm located in the creative and technical hub of DUMBO, Brooklyn, NYC. We conceive, develop and engineer beautiful and rewarding new product experiences. Our work spans a wide range of categories including consumer electronics, desktop fabrication, lifestyle products, and large scale installations.
- Taking a systematic approach to analyzing the project goals, program requirements, inputs and outputs
- Planning a logical workflow for the code considering the programming language, the computer, the microcontrollers and the peripherals
- Translating flow diagrams into code that is commented, editable and well documented in its revision history
- Testing, debugging, revising, updating, and troubleshooting in-the-field problems
- Keeping up to date with the leading edge technologies available that can achieve our goals
Salary is competitive and dependent on experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, EE, ME or related discipline
- Fluency in Windows, iOS and Linux as well as GitHub
- Any experience with G-Code, stepper motor motion control, 3D printers, CNC machines, Arduinos, Intel Edison and other microcontroller boards are a big plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills (using software algorithm design)
- Highly organized code and a strong debugging, testing and documentation process
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.