Senior Technical Level Designer
- aleja "Solidarności" 171, 00-877 Warszawa, Poland
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Design
- Location: PL, Warsaw (Remote/Hybrid))
- Project: Gemini
People Can Fly is one of the leading independent AAA games development studios with an international team of hundreds of talented individuals working from offices located in Poland, UK, US, and Canada, and from all over the world thanks to our remote work programs.
Founded in 2002, we made our mark on the shooter genre with titles such as Painkiller, Bulletstorm, Gears of War: Judgment, and Outriders. We are one of the most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the industry and we are expanding it with in-house solutions called PCF Framework.
Our creative teams are currently working on several exciting AAA projects with the top publishers in the industry: Project Gemini with Square Enix and Project Dagger with Take-Two (2K), in addition to a new IP to be self-published and two other games in a concept phase. One of our IPs is also being adapted for VR technology.
With over 20 years of experience, PCF sets out to explore new horizons. We aim to combine our expertise with creativity of the best and most forward-thinking talents in the industry to work together on the new generation of action games for the global gaming community.
If you decide to accompany us on this journey, you’ll have a chance to perfect your craft and expand your knowledge, working alongside leaders in the industry on bringing a brand-new unique experience to the players worldwide.
Project Gemini is a yet unannounced AAA game developed with Square Enix – the publisher of our recent AAA title, Outriders. The game development involves primarily our Europe based teams.
If you feel yourself able to deliver as nobody else, take ownership of your projects, and are ready to leave a mark on a game you work on, apply now!
- Implementing gameplay scenarios using the existing toolset to forge gameplay elements such as checkpoints, objectives, enemy spawns, and special events into compelling gaming experiences
- Maintaining the big picture of all connected features used by the department, identifying weak spots and missing links, proposing and driving improvements to the toolset, workflows, and pipelines
- Working directly with programmers, game designers, artists, and animators to create essential tools and solutions, handle dependencies between features, facilitate teams cooperation and contribute to the vision of the game
- Assessment of designs, game features, and pipelines, identifying potential risks, looking for systemic improvement
- Assisting with prototyping and production of the technical elements for game features
- Testing new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team to ensure they meet the department’s requirements
- Ensuring Level Designers comply with the official metrics and technical standards
- Reviewing blueprints done by team members, analyzing them to identify any additional efforts required for optimization or reducing the risk of bugs
- Implementing prefabs that are easy to use, configure or adjust by team members
- Making sure the Level Design team can efficiently maintain a balance between the creative vision for the project and the technical budget restraints provided by Technical Director by acting as a technical reference for the team in relation to level design
- Assisting the rest of the department with debugging and bug fixing, collaborating with other teams on interdisciplinary investigations when needed
- Maintaining owned project documentation. Contributing to the company’s knowledge base and cooperating with other teams to keep it up-to-standards
- 5+ years of professional experience or at least one shipped PC or console title,
- including 3+ years of experience in a technical designer position
- Technical background - experience with scripting languages, understanding of programming paradigms and concepts
- Strong Unreal Engine 4 knowledge
- Experience in the development of multiplayer / co-op title, understanding replication
- and network communication
- Experience with performance profiling and optimization
- Debugging experience, high problem-solving skills, and strong internal drive to understand how things work
- Ability to focus and work without micro-management while adhering to schedules
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- High work ethic and self-motivation
- Passion for Games
- Excellent communication skills
Nice to have
- AAA and/or console development experience
- Experience with multiple different 3D engines
- Experience in the design of tools and workflows
- Interdisciplinary experience, generalist approach
- Knowledge of Maya, 3DS Max, or similar 3D package
What we offer
- A competitive salary and performance-based annual bonuses.
- Private medical healthcare including dental treatment for PCF members and their families (Signal Iduna).
- MultiSport card for you and your family members or friends.
- Access to Worksmile - cafeteria program.
- Free library with a wide range of games and books you have unlimited access to.
- In-company Polish and English language classes.
- Fresh fruit, snacks, and beverages for everyone in the office.
- Flexible working hours.
- Free virtual health and mental wellbeing sessions are included in the plan for members and their dependents.
- Personal development opportunities and ability to work in a global environment.
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do.