IT Support Specialist
- Menlo Park, CA
Personalis is a genome-scale diagnostics company with a mission to pioneer genome guided medicine. Our priority is to obtain the most accurate genetic data from each sample, and then to draw the most reliable medically-focused conclusions from these. Our tests are based on whole human genome and exome sequencing, conducted in our state-of-the art laboratory. We analyze results utilizing proprietary databases, advanced human reference sequences, and sophisticated algorithms.
Personalis Genome Services provides academic, pharmaceutical, and biotech researchers an accurate and comprehensive end-to-end human genome sequencing and analysis solution. Our services support researchers engaging in large case-control and family-based genome studies of complex or Mendelian diseases and traits, pharmacogenomics, and cancer. Located in Menlo Park, CA, we are seeking a talented and highly motivated IT Support Specialist to join our Team.
The IT Support Specialist will provide tiers 1 and 2 technical support for our corporate IT operations. This position requires excellent customer support and troubleshooting skills, and desire to learn and implement new technologies.
- Respond to helpdesk requests and support calls, and troubleshoot software and hardware issues
- Install and configure IT systems, including desktops and servers
- Manage user accounts and group policies in Active Directory
- Configure and maintain networked devices such as printers, scanners, and audio/visual systems
- Administer email and teleconferencing systems and clients, including secure email
- Assist in the configuration and maintenance of switches, routers, firewall, and VPN
- Administer anti-virus and patch management systems
- Support and maintain VoIP phone system
- Maintain monitoring system for servers and network devices
- Maintain desktop and server builds and standard operating procedures
- Participate in on-call rotation as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and a minimum of 2 years of experience supporting desktops, servers, storage, and applications in a corporate IT environment
- Experience with Windows 7 and 2008 Server, Apple OS X, and Active Directory
- Familiarity with enterprise backup solutions, such as Netbackup
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, remote access and network protocols
- Experience with physical server installation and cabling
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer support skills
- Strong desire to work in a demanding, high-energy, hands-on startup environment
- Working knowledge of Linux systems highly desirable
- Experience with VMware
- Experience with desktop encryption solutions
- Experience with Cisco switches, firewall, and access points
- Experience with the deployment and maintenance of JIRA and Confluence
- Proficiency in PowerShell, Bash, or other scripting languages
- Experience with HIPAA and FDA compliance strongly desired
Personalis is an equal opportunity employer. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package. If interested, please submit a letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to
careers @ personalis . com.