Safety Advisor/NCSO (Contract/Project-Based)
- Edmonton, Canada
Pivotal Safety is a full-service industrial safety company offering comprehensive safety services, highly trained staff, and quality equipment. We are committed to being the safety supplier of choice and to working with progressive companies that believe in their workers’ safety. Given the opportunity, we will Deliver the Difference each and every time we are called upon.
Due to continued growth, Pivotal Safety is actively recruiting an experienced Safety Advisor for a project-based position. The successful candidate will be a driven, results-oriented team player who is ready to help us Deliver the Difference to our clients.
The responsibilities of this position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a health and safety leader for our clients and contractors on the worksite.
- Build rapport and strong working relationships with site workers/supervisors, subcontractors and clients.
- Follow and be an advocate for all rules, policies and procedures as per the client’s health and safety program, Pivotal Safety’s HSE program, and all other applicable legislation.
- Be involved with site operations and planning to advocate safety in all aspect of operations.
- Monitor worksite activities for compliance to OH&S standards and operational procedures and offer solutions to reach full compliance.
- Intervene in unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and take appropriate action to influence safe behaviors and to create a safe working environment.
- Audit worksites for non-compliance safety issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Conduct and/or participate in accident investigations and provide input on how to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
- Follow up on and track corrective actions stemming from incident investigations, audits, inspections and hazard reports.
- Coordinate and play and active role in safety meetings.
- Be adaptable to change and stay current with applicable legislation.
- Minimum 3+ years' safety experience in the Oil & Gas industry;
- Must have National Construction Safety Officer Certification (or similar designation);
- Experience in pipelines is considered an asset;
- A strong understanding of Alberta OH&S regulations;
- Must hold a valid Driver's Licence;
- Must be willing to work outdoors, open to both day and night shift, and willing to work a rotational schedule;
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills;
- Capable of working with limited supervision and able to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
If you feel that you would be a great fit to our team, please submit your resume detailing why you are a fit for this position.