Due to continued growth, Pivotal Safety is actively recruiting an experienced Safety Advisor for a project-based position. The successful candidate will be a driven, results-oriented team player who is ready to help us Deliver the Difference to our clients.
The responsibilities of this position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a health and safety leader for our clients and contractors on the worksite.
- Build rapport and strong working relationships with site workers/supervisors, subcontractors and clients.
- Follow and be an advocate for all rules, policies and procedures as per the client’s health and safety program, Pivotal Safety’s HSE program, and all other applicable legislation.
- Be involved with site operations and planning to advocate safety in all aspect of operations.
- Monitor worksite activities for compliance to OH&S standards and operational procedures and offer solutions to reach full compliance.
- Intervene in unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and take appropriate action to influence safe behaviors and to create a safe working environment.
- Audit worksites for non-compliance safety issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Conduct and/or participate in accident investigations and provide input on how to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
- Follow up on and track corrective actions stemming from incident investigations, audits, inspections and hazard reports.
- Coordinate and play and active role in safety meetings.
- Be adaptable to change and stay current with applicable legislation.