Safety Advisor/NCSO (Contract/Project-Based)
- Edmonton, Canada
Due to continued growth, Pivotal Safety is actively recruiting an experienced Safety Advisor for a temporary project-based position. The successful candidate will be a driven, results-oriented team player who is ready to help us "Deliver the Difference" to our clients.
The responsibilities of this position may include but are not limited to the following:
- Act as a health and safety leader for our clients and contractors on the worksite.
- Build rapport and strong working relationships with site workers/supervisors, subcontractors and clients.
- Follow and be an advocate for all rules, policies and procedures as per the client’s health and safety program, Pivotal Safety’s HSE program, and all other applicable legislation.
- Be involved with site operations and planning to advocate safety in all aspect of operations.
- Monitor worksite activities for compliance to OH&S standards and operational procedures and offer solutions to reach full compliance.
- Intervene in unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and take appropriate action to influence safe behaviors and to create a safe working environment.
- Audit worksites for non-compliance safety issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Conduct and/or participate in accident investigations and provide input on how to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
- Follow up on and track corrective actions stemming from incident investigations, audits, inspections and hazard reports.
- Coordinate and play and active role in safety meetings.
- Be adaptable to change and stay current with applicable legislation.
- Must have National Construction Safety Officer Certification (or similar designation)
- 3+ years of experience at a safety advisor level is required.
- A strong understanding of Alberta OH&S regulations.
- Must hold a valid Driver's Licence.
- Must be willing to work outdoors, work a rotational schedule, travel to various client sites, and be open to working in a camp environment.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Self-motivated with excellent organizational skills.
- Capable of working with limited supervision and able to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
If you feel that you would be a great fit to our team, please submit your resume detailing why you are a fit for this position.