Field Safety Technician
- Bonnyville, Canada
Due to continued growth, Pivotal Safety is looking for a Safety Technician to join our team. The successful candidate will be a driven, results-oriented team player who is ready to help us "Deliver the Difference" to our clients every day.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform on-site safety watch, confined space entry watch and atmospheric testing, spark/fire watch, and gas detection.
- Provide support to ensure that all on-site personnel work in a safe manner and comply with company and regulatory/legislative requirements for Occupational Health & Safety.
- Follow and be an advocate for all rules, policies and procedures as per the client’s health and safety program, Pivotal Safety’s HSE program, and all other applicable legislation.
- Intervene in unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and take appropriate action to influence safe behaviors and to create a safe working environment.
- Champion Pivotal Safety’s safety culture and safe work practices.
- Previous experience working in the oil & gas industry is required;
- 1+ year(s) experience employed in a safety capacity is preferred;
- Minimum required safety tickets: H2S Alive, First Aid, and Confined Space Entry;
- Must hold a valid Driver's Licence;
- Ability to interpret and apply Safe Work Procedures, as well as OH&S safety regulations, standards and practices;
- Must be willing to work outdoors, work an irregular schedule (including nightshifts and weekends), and travel to various client sites across northeastern Alberta;
- Possess strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Capable of working with limited supervision and able to exercise initiative and sound judgment.
Note: The successful candidate for this position will reside in or within commuting distance of the Bonnyville AB area, or will be willing to relocate to the area.
If you feel that you would be a great fit to our team and are interested in an exciting career with Pivotal Safety, please submit your resume detailing why you are a fit for this position.
If you are passionate about safety and desire to be part of a progressive and highly motivated team, then consider Pivotal Safety for your next career move! We can offer you a family friendly environment, a proven hands-on training program, an opportunity to become an expert in your field, and a competitive total compensation package.