Safety Watch (Project-Based/Casual Position)
- Bonnyville, Canada
Pivotal Safety is an industrial safety company headquartered in Bonnyville AB. Offering comprehensive safety services, highly trained and knowledgeable staff, and state-of-the-art equipment; we are a company that is committed to delivering demonstrable value and unsurpassed professional service. Through our culture, our drive and the expertise of each individual employee, we are uniquely positioned to provide best-in-class safety services to our customers.
Due to continued growth, Pivotal Safety is hiring for a project-based Safety Watch position. The successful candidate will be a driven, results-oriented team player who is ready to help us "Deliver the Difference" to our clients every day.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform on-site safety watch, confined space entry watch and atmospheric testing, spark/fire watch, and gas detection.
- Provide support to ensure that all on-site personnel work in a safe manner and comply with company and regulatory/legislative requirements for Occupational Health & Safety.
- Follow and be an advocate for all rules, policies and procedures as per the client’s health and safety program, Pivotal Safety’s HSE program, and all other applicable legislation.
- Intervene in unsafe acts and unsafe conditions and take appropriate action to influence safe behaviors and to create a safe working environment.
- Champion Pivotal Safety’s safety culture and safe work practices.
- Must hold the following valid safety tickets: H2S Alive, Confined Space Entry, and Gas Testing.
- 1+ year(s) experience employed in a field safety role is required;
- Must hold a valid Driver's Licence;
- Must be willing to work outdoors, work an irregular schedule (including nightshifts and weekends), and travel to various client sites across northeastern Alberta.
If you feel that you would be a great fit to our team, please submit your resume detailing why you are a fit for this position.