- 232 E 8th St, Chillicothe, OH 45601, USA
Pixelle Specialty Solutions™ is the largest specialty paper company in North America, with fully integrated pulp and paper operations in Chillicothe, Ohio, Jay, Maine, Spring Grove, Pennsylvania, Stevens Point, Wisconsin and a coating operation in Fremont, Ohio. Supported by an experienced product development team, Pixelle excels in designing customized solutions that help customers bring new products to market. With a long history of leadership in the paper industry, Pixelle delivers the most comprehensive portfolio of specialty papers to help you meet today’s challenging demands.
The Director of Maintenance provides strategic leadership, managerial direction and technical expertise for a reliability centered maintenance program of plant equipment and facilities.
The Maintenance team consists of 26 salary employees including three (3) superintendents (2-Mechanical and 1 Electrical/Instrumentation) for which supervisors and planners report under, as well as a reliability group. There are approximately 135 mechanical and electrical union hourly employees in the organization.
The Maintenance Director MUST be a change agent to transform the maintenance and reliability organization into a lean, efficient, precision focused reliability group.
This position is a part of the mill management staff and plays a critical role in accomplishing the operating objectives, setting strategic direction, and executing objectives to secure the future the future of the facility.
· Bachelor’s Degree required, Engineering preferred;
· Minimum five (5) years’ experience in manufacturing maintenance or operations environment;
· Strong leadership skills: Can lead rapid and significant organizational and cultural change;
· Reliability/precision maintenance knowledge; Creating a culture of reliability;
· Highly developed communications skills, of the type that can communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, often regarding complex issues;
· Collaborative working style, with a natural ability to forge effective relationships with peers and other key operating managers, often in the context of competing interests;
· Knowledge of the design and maintenance of heavy industrial equipment. Specific knowledge of pulp mill, papermaking, finishing, power and utilities equipment, a plus;
· Demonstrable successes in implementing improvement processes, predictive and preventative maintenance programs, achieving aggressive up-time standards and establishing effective maintenance planning and scheduling processes, or equivalent in other industrial functions;
· Budgetary and resource management skills;
· Significant experience managing successfully and collaboratively in a union environment;
· Strategic thinker/planner;
· Experienced and effective in developing leaders;
· Break down barriers that are slowing or stopping progress;
· Chart progress with KPI’s;
· Reduce unplanned events year over year.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Competitive 401k match and healthcare benefit package.