Full Stack Software Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
We are a small growing team passionate about creating awesome, beautiful digital tools for modern photographers. Building an amazing product is the number one thing we focus on at Pixieset. We pride ourselves in creating beautiful and simple-to-use products. We're looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer (PHP) to assist with the development and growth of the Pixieset product.
You will be working behind-the-scenes with other talented, fun-loving engineers to create a great product for over 150,000 professional photographers from around the world. As a Full stack developer, you will take ownership of entire features or product initiatives, taking them from concept to production release to long term support. You are responsible for writing bug-free, scalable code and shipping high quality software. You will also help shape our long-term technical roadmap as we scale our infrastructure and build new products.
There are some perks working at Pixieset as well! Full-time engineers enjoy the following:
- Competitive salary in the $50-80k range
- Extended health & dental benefits
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Macbook and any tools to help you be your best
- Unlimited coffee and snacks
- Beer Fridays
- Fun team events
We are looking for Intermediate developers who can pick up any technology quickly and is comfortable jumping into platforms and various code bases. Ideally you:
- Have a BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with “modern” PHP, jQuery, HTML, CSS, MySQL, AWS, Grunt, Redis, Memcache, Git
- Experience working with web frameworks like Yii, Laravel, Codeigniter etc.
- Familiar with basic data structure and algorithms
- Experience building custom web applications (beyond CMS platforms like Wordpress) for desktop and mobile
If any of this is new to you, it's ok. We are looking for quick learners! The ideal candidate is also highly self-motivated, has strong sense of product design and loves working with technology. If this sounds like the right fit and you are excited about working in a small and growing team, get in touch with us!
This position is located in Vancouver, BC. Local candidates are preferred. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.