- San Francisco, CA
Pixlee's vision is to fundamentally change the relationships between brands and consumers, by leveraging user generated photo and videos to personalize and humanize the brand experience. We sit at the intersection of social aggregation and big data, providing brands with both high quality user content and actionable insights.
As a member of the team, you will be building the next generation of content and contextual marketing.
At Pixlee we work hard, love to learn, value teamwork and humility, and get stuff done. We’re an Andreesen Horowitz and XSeed Capital seed funded company with a big vision and we’re looking for game changers.
We're looking for a talented UI/UX designer to help us visualize the future of content and contextual marketing. Our service is supported through uniquely simple user interfaces. As a designer, you must have developed an aesthetic taste that is distinctive and admired. You should be ready, willing, and able to grow your skills within a world class team of designers & engineers who get stuff done.
Responsibilities of the role
Conceptualize and implement the visuals of Pixlee
Develop pixel-perfect Photoshop comps
Create and advance site-wide style guides
Storyboard/prototype user experiencesDevelop prototypes, design mockups, specs, and production assets
A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, imagery, and graphic elements
Knowledge of front-end markup: HTML5/CSS3/jQuery
Knowledge of image compression best practices
Full knowledge of Adobe CS
Information design skills
BFA/MFA or equivalent industry experience
Experience designing engaging user experiences for web and mobile apps
A complete portfolio that shows breadth and depth of work
Experience working closely with other designers, product managers and developers
- At least 3-5 years of relevant product design experience working on major product releases
Experience with designing slide decks
Ability to measure pixels by eye
- Experience with user testing
Attributes we look for
- An unrelenting desire to get stuff done
- Ability to consider big picture at all times, while ensuring that all relevant details are executed correctly
- Always considerate of the end-user that has to interact with your work
- Being nimble. You’ll be working to define requirements while simultaneously designing for those requirements
- A complete lack of hubris and ego — we welcome debate, but always fight for the best ideas, never the people who put out the idea
- A strong sense of personal responsibility — whatever you are in charge of will get done, rain or snow