Sales Development Representative
- Chico, CA
Pocket Points started as an idea at Chico State in Northern California. The problem of smartphone usage in the classroom was obvious so we decided to create a solution. We thought to ourselves...what would incentivize students to stay off their phones more than free food? By partnering with local businesses who were willing to offer incentives through the app, Pocket Points was born.
When the app launched at Chico it quickly became popular with the students. This raised the attention of schools across the nation who were requesting to bring Pocket Points to their campus. The app went live at a small number of additional schools during its second semester where it immediately saw a dramatic increase in growth.
Ever since, Pocket Points has been expanding to additional schools as fast as possible to keep up with the demand of students, teachers, and businesses. Currently, Pocket Points is available at over 200 schools in the United States and Canada.
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
As a Sales Development Representative, you’ll be responsible for helping launch Pocket Points at campuses nationwide from our Chico office. This is accomplished by creating relationships with business owners and franchise operators through phone meetings and conferences. The ideal candidate has experience with cold calling, developing client relationships, and a decent sales background. In working with clients, you set the vision and strategy for how they can reach thousands of students through our platform. Success in this position requires strategic thinking, high motivation, and ability to manage multiple projects at any given time.
- Foster new merchant acquisition to support expansion efforts through cold calling
- Build, develop, and maintain a sales pipeline
- Meet and exceed sales quota on a weekly and monthly basis
- Prospect leads and create high-level relationships through cold calling and phone meetings
- Advise clients on successful strategies of couponing through Pocket Points that align with their goals
- Able to work 15+ hours per week
- Must be graduated or senior standing
- Excellent sales and interpersonal skills
- Experience with customer relationship building
- Ability to thrive in a small company environment and handle new challenges
- Must be able to work in Chico, CA
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.