As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners, and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
Points is looking for a full-time Data Scientist to join our Toronto team on a permanent basis.
Fed by ever-expanding data sources across our product, partner and member network, Points is creating a world of advanced analytics that is real time, automated, always on and always learning. This collective intelligence is our unique offering - it enables us to drive unparalleled member engagement and program economics for our partners.
Reporting to the Director, Data Science & Analytics, the Data Scientist will research, develop & deliver best-in-class modeling solutions including pricing optimization models and personalized offer assignment. They will leverage data science methodologies to solve complex problems. In their work, they will provide guidance and coordinate with other data scientists to help achieve the goals of all areas of the business.
- Researching, designing and implementing advanced analytical models and machine learning algorithms that will be utilized for personalized pricing, promotions, offer generation & revenue optimization.
- Using your optimization and simulation expertise, research and recommend the best approaches to solving our business problems.
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and statistically rigorous solutions that can be applied across products and partners by leveraging or developing statistical and machine learning methodologies.
- Continuously improve the models and algorithms by researching, designing and testing & learning.
- Elevate the data science discipline by aligning with other data scientists on best practices, automation and standardization on all advanced analytical solutions, the end to end modeling process, offer assignment and personalization. Drive execution through fast iteration.
- Over 3 years of experience of researching, developing and applying machine learning algorithms
- Familiarity & proficiency with machine learning, optimization, reinforcement learning, big data technologies, predictive analytics, time series analysis, recommender systems, visualization tools with a solid understanding of best practices in data science.
- Strong programming with Python and associated machine learning packages
- Relational database expertise (SQL)
- Ability to communicate/present complex ideas/analysis in a concise, business friendly manner
- Natural curiosity to solve problems and find meaning in complex data sets, customer behaviour analysis.
- Strong business acumen to apply recommendations in the proper commercial context.
- bachelors in quantitative field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research or other related field)
What we offer:
- Flexible hours
- Extra days off
- Extended health care from day one
- Parental leave top-op
- Fitness Credit
- RRSP Matching Plan
- Learning & Development
- Free coffee, snacks & drinks
- The best Technology
- YOLO leave
- Green Commute or WFH credits
- Company-sponsored activities such as bowling, movies, sports, paintball, and more!
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
We believe in diversity and inclusivity and that is why our interview process is designed for a positive candidate experience and to ensure every candidate is evaluated equally. All applications will be reviewed from our Talent Team and the successful candidate(s) will go through the following recruitment process:
Recruiter Phone Interview
Hiring Manager Interview
Take-home Assessment or remote coding exercise (If applicable)
All candidates will be provided with feedback regardless if they pass or didn’t pass any of our interview stages. All your information will be kept confidential.