Director, Software Engineering (Data)
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners, and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
Click here to learn more about Points!
Points is looking for a Director of Software Engineering to join our engineering team for a permanent position.
In this newly created role, we're looking for an engineering leader to own the data at the core of Points products. If you love working in an open, highly collaborative environment making awesome software, then Points is the place for you.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, the Director will be responsible for:
- Strategic responsibility for advancement/adaptation in face of change. Exert judgement, take risks, adjust plans fluidly as required to achieve impact and deliver results.
- Responsible for recruitment, retention, succession planning, career development of the data team
- You will own the core of Points data and how we use it. You’ll be leading the charge on new developments, along with the never ending challenge of optimizing and modernizing how we move, store and use data.
- Ensure alignment and commitment to the team's missions and goal
- Continuously improve/grow team's area of impact in support of strategic goals through innovation
- Inspire team by advancing reputation of the team within Points and within the industry
- Ensure the teams collaborate and work well with other teams at points.
- Part of the role is to initiate and drive initiative that are beyond the span on the teams’ day to day development work. Coming up with ideas, work with the teams to build a plan and execute to completion projects that take long months.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Track record of strong leadership leading multiple teams
- Solid technical background with handling data, building and scaling web services
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.