Technical Lead, Software Engineering
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners, and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
Click here to learn more about Points!
Points is looking for a Tech Lead to join our Software Engineering team for a full-time permanent position. We are a primarily frontend engineering team, working with Agile methodologies, building tools and web components to create and maintain a suite of whitelabel loyalty solutions.
Join an incredibly motivated and collaborative team working across a breadth of technologies with end-to-end visibility and ownership of our tech stack. We take pride in our culture of working, sharing and celebrating together and create a supportive environment where everyone can be their true self at work.
Reporting to the Director, Software Engineering, you will join a multidisciplinary team where you will:
- Develop modern front-end applications that reach millions of users around the world.
- Create and maintain command line interfaces using NodeJS to package and deploy front-end assets.
- Share in responsibility for your team’s technical health: architecture, best practices, reliability, security, etc.
- Improve developer and user experience through thoughtful design, rigorous testing, and clear documentation.
- Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, designers, and other stakeholders.
- You’ll play an important role in helping us to deliver high-quality products to our partners and customers.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience leading software projects or development teams.
- Exposure to Python, or equivalent, backend languages.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
Technologies we use and teach:
- NodeJS, React, Python
- Docker, GitLab
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.