Development Engineer (Java)
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
Click here to learn more about Points!
This is a permanent role that reports into our Toronto office, but has the flexibility of working remotely across Canada.
We're an incredibly motivated and collaborative team working across a breadth of technologies with end-to-end visibility and ownership of our tech stack. We take pride in our culture of working, sharing and celebrating together, and we create a supportive environment where everyone can be their true self at work.
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, you will join a multidisciplinary team where you will:
- Develop and maintain modern front-end applications that reach millions of users around the world
- Deliver high-quality products with some of the largest APIs in the loyalty space for a strategic partner
- Share responsibility for our team's technical health: architecture, best practices, reliability, security, etc.
- Improve developer and user experience through thoughtful design, rigorous testing, and clear documentation
- Collaborate directly with a wide array of cross functional team members and stakeholders for success
- Actively and passionately pursue personal growth and learning opportunities
- Take pride and ownership in your work
- Experience building applications and restful APIs with Java, Golang, or a similar language
- Nice to have: Any experience with Docker and AWS
Technologies We Use & Teach
- Java and MySQL
- Docker, AWS, Github
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.