Development Engineer (Python)
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
Click here to learn more about Points!
This role reports into our Toronto office, but has the opportunity of working remotely across Canada.
Points is looking for an Development Engineer to join our Software Engineering team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office. We are a cross-functional, Agile team with backend, frontend and full-stack engineers focused on our LCR products — internal services and interfaces that drive the business logic behind our many whitelabel storefronts, providing them with a suite of loyalty solutions.
Join an incredibly motivated and collaborative team working across a breadth of technologies with end-to-end visibility and ownership of our tech stack. We take pride in our culture of working, sharing and celebrating together and create a supportive environment where everyone can be their true self at work.
- Augment our microservices platform by implementing APIs, infrastructure, and orchestration logic in Python.
- Assist development of modern front-end applications using ReactJS.
- Share in responsibility for your team’s technical health: architecture, best practices, reliability, security, etc.
- Improve developer and user experience through thoughtful design, rigorous testing, and clear documentation.
- Collaborate with scrum masters, product owners, designers, and other stakeholders.
- Play an important role in helping us to deliver high-quality products to our partners and customers.
- Great communication skills.
- Experience building robust tools and APIs using Python.
- Experience with Agile Scrum.
Technologies we use and teach:
- Docker, GitLab
- CouchDB, PostgreSQL
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.