Application Specialist (NetSuite)
- 111 Richmond St W, Toronto, ON M5H 2G4, Canada
As a trusted partner to the world’s leading loyalty programs, Points builds, powers, and grows new ways for members to get and use their favorite loyalty currency.
More than 1 billion loyalty program members touch our products through brands like Hilton, Air Canada, Lyft, British Airways, United Airlines, Air France-KLM, Chase Bank, Etihad Airways, and many more. Our team of 250+ people across 5 global offices works together to build and launch new solutions, solve complex challenges for our partners, and create a one-of-a-kind company culture.
Click here to learn more about Points!
Points is looking for an Application Specialist (NetSuite) to join our Finance team for a permanent position in our downtown Toronto office.
Reporting to the Senior ERP Specialist, the Application Specialist will be the (technical) subject matter expert (SME) for NetSuite ERP and other business-critical finance systems that interface with it e.g. FloQast and Adaptive Insights. The successful candidate will explore systems and work directly with users and management to define system requirements, propose solutions, maintain, and extend system integrations and customizations, onboard and where needed, train NetSuite users.
The successful candidate will have prior hands-on NetSuite experience and, more importantly, be keenly interested in continuous system and process optimization, be excited to learn new technologies and acquire new skills (e.g., the basics of accounting) that are necessary to excel at the job.
While the ability to work independently is essential to success in this role, you will not be alone. In addition to access to NetSuite Support, you will have access to a community of seasoned NetSuite developers and consultants via the NetSuite Solutions Partner that Points works with. Furthermore, the Senior ERP Specialist at Points will serve as your in-house NetSuite coach and mentor, bringing along several years of NetSuite and IT experience. Additionally, Points will offer you a NetSuite LCS Pass which grants you unlimited online access to all NetSuite’s on-demand training courses, enabling you to boost your career, expand your NetSuite knowledge, and prepare for NetSuite certification, if desired.
The Application Specialist (NetSuite) will be responsible for:
- Be the technical subject matter expert (SME) for NetSuite and other finance systems that are integrated with NetSuite
- Work within the finance group to ensure effective use of our finance systems. This would include end-user onboarding and support, system customization, report generation, scripting, creating and managing integrations with other systems and databases for importing data as required, documentation, and overall improvements to get the most out of the systems
- Thoroughly comprehend business practices and procedures in order to design, develop and maintain automated workflow and control processes, as well as identify opportunities for optimization
- Contribute meaningfully to architecting, designing, building and delivering optimized and scalable NetSuite solutions including customizations, scripting (2.0), integrations and support case resolutions for customization defects
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to deliver robust data integrations, analyze data flows, and ensure data integrity and accuracy
- Perform technical design/code reviews and audits to ensure design objectives are met and standards are followed
- Work with management, product managers and finance business partners to scope work and produce deliverable estimates
- Stay ahead of the new NetSuite features and functionality, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Adapt to changing priorities of the business and seek out ways to develop new skills
- Balance multiple concurrent projects and contending priorities
- Post-Secondary Degree/Diploma preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or Accounting
- 3 years of industry experience with emphasis in NetSuite customization and integration
- Ability to write SuiteScripts (2.x) from scratch as well as review existing scripts (1.0, 2.x)
- Solid understanding of the key NetSuite customization and reporting offerings: SuiteBuilder, SuiteFlow, SuiteAnalytics, SuiteScript, and SuiteTalk, as well as the ability to identify which modules are most appropriate for a given problem
- Hands-on experience with NetSuite integrations using iPaaS solutions. Prior experience in building NetSuite integrations with Boomi is a plus
- Experience with databases specifically the ability to read database schemas, write basic SQL statements and demonstrate basic knowledge of database design
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills - high attention to detail is crucial
- General understanding of best practices and business processes in Finance and Accounting
- Basic functional understanding of NetSuite modules in a OneWorld environment such as Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Revenue Recognition, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Electronic Payments, Multi-Book and Currency Translations/Foreign Exchange is necessary
- High-level understanding of SOX, Segregation of Duties, Change Management and Information Technology General Controls
- Experience with Adaptive Insights is considered an asset
Points is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing an accessible recruitment process.
We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of gender identity or expression, race, ethnic origin, creed, place of origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. Upon request we will provide accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
All your information will be kept confidential.