Electro-Cardio Instrument Tech
- Phoenix, AZ
We believe that providing an exciting and rewarding career for our employees is not limited to working on projects at some of the country’s top healthcare organizations. We strive to allow all employees the opportunity to grow their skill sets and take on new challenges in order to advance their careers. We offer a variety of options for continuing education, training for different EHR systems, including Epic certification, attending seminars and conferences and other opportunities for career advancement in the healthcare management industry.This postion assists the Nursing Department in the care of patients by monitoring cardiac rhythms. This position ensures that standards, policies and procedures are met and maintained in a professional manner. This position is active in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and other activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations.
Patient Population: Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the patients served. The ages of the patients served are adult (18-65 years of age) and geriatric (65 and older).
1. Demonstrates proper performance of skills reflected and validated by competency checklist.
2. Identifies patient arrhythmias/abnormalities or significant changes from baseline and reports changes immediately to the assigned nurse.
3. Documents and interprets patient’s heart rhythm and rate by utilizing telemetry recordings.
4. Properly plans/organizes work for assigned shift to properly utilize time, resources, manpower, supplies to ensure patient receives appropriate quality care.
5. Obtains six second strip as indicated by patient condition and gives current strips to charge nurse for further evaluation.
6. Ensures patient safety at all times by notifying the charge nurse of any risk factors seen; initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures as outlined in LifeCare’s policies and procedures.
7. Exchanges routine information in an appropriate manner requiring good oral and written communication skills.
8. Adheres to policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
Experience: Six to twelve months of experience in telemetry or ICU setting desired
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Completion of Basic EKG Interpretation Course
3. Completion of Intermediate EKG Interpretation Course desired
We approach every Clinical Optimization process by considering how it will improve your organization as a whole to ensure excellence in patient care delivery. Our team will align your clinical and business workflows, including patient throughput for improved outcomes, enriched patient care and alignment of your people, processes and technologies.
We will help you advise your entire staff on the adoption, understanding and effective use of your technologies and processes by establishing a culture of change management throughout all levels of your organization. Once your organizational culture is transformed, you will be able to streamline workflow processes to create an ideal environment for patients to receive the best possible care.