Software Engineering Intern
- Lincoln, NE
Powderhook's mission is access for all. That means we exists to help all people, regardless of their ability to pay, find what they need in order to enjoy their day outdoors. We offer competitive compensation, a dynamic culture and the opportunity to solve one of the biggest problems in the hunting and fishing industry. Maybe it's even a problem that has affected your love of the outdoors?
Powderhook is bringing together many of the most influential brands in the outdoors to solve its most important problem, people don't get out as often as they'd like. Join us, and together we'll iterate our way into the daily lives of hunters and fishermen throughout the world. Today we're looking for a software development intern to join us in our corporate offices in Lincoln, Nebraska. The best way to learn more about us might be to get our app - just search "Powderhook" in the App Store or Google Play.
This internship includes competitive pay.
- Understanding and exposure to web-based software engineering
- Understanding of computer science principles
- Understanding of GIT source code management tools
- Understanding of Ruby and Rails debugging methodologies
- Understanding of development in a Linux environment
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a plus
- Experience with Solr / Sunspot a plus
- Experience with Thinking Sphinx a plus
- Experience with Compass / SASS a plus
- UX development skills a plus
- Working knowledge of lean principles
- Ability to solve problems with software you architect and write
- Desire to grind in a fun environment
You don't have to know anything about hunting and fishing, but if you do, you'd probably like working here a little better.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.