- Port Richey, FL
Powell Supportive Services, Inc. is licensed by the State of Florida also servicing the DD Waiver, ADA Waiver, Cystic Fibrosis Waiver, TBI Waiver and PAC Waiver. The office is open five days a week and when closed an administrator is always on call. Our staff includes experienced Personal Care Aides, Home Health Aides, Massage Therapist, Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses. They are available seven days per week, 24 hours per day.
Nurse Registry looking for a part time RN to assist with individual port care up to 3 hours a week. The RN is responsible for the delivery of patient care services through coordination, implementation. and supervision of the patients. The RN will follow the POC and supervise the staff delivering care. The RN participates in quality improvement activities within the Agency promoting overall compliance with State and Federal guidelines and professional standards of practice.
- Must be a RN with a public health, home health care, or hospital background
- Must have at least one year clinical experience
- Must be able to hear and speak in a manner understood by most persons.
- Must be able to travel to prospective patient's place of residence
- Must be able to stoop and bend; must be able to lift and transfer patients
Demonstrates leadership and provides direction to members of the patient care team through case management of patient home health episode of health care. Case management of patient services includes:
- Intake and coordination of a referral from an acceptable referral source
- Initial in home evaluations and/or assessment
- Establish the patient's individualized treatment and medical record baseline
- Collaborate with physicians, other agency staff and contract services to coordinate and implement the POC
- Supervise the implementation of the POC and the quality of care delivered to the patient
- Provide in home supervision of Home Health Aide Services at least every 14 days for patient receiving aide services and document the visit in the medical record
- Provide supervision of LPN's assigned to patient caseload, through directing the implementation and evaluating the effectiveness of the nursing care and patient's plan of care
- Re-evaluate the patient plan of care at least every 60 days and when there is a change in the patient condition, after a hospital stay, and atime of discharge revising the Plan of Care as needed to achieve patient goals.
- Documents direct patient services, coordination and collaboration with physician and other disciplines or provides in the care of the patient, ensuring document is complete, and complies with acceptable home health standards and Agency policy.
- Facilitates active and effective communication with team members as demonstrated through leadership of patient case conferences, staff education or in services, and timely clinical decisions, which provide guidance in the delivery of patient care.
- Documentation is timely and meets professional standards of practice, establishes compliance with state regulations.
- Reviews caseload charts documentation at least every 60 days to ensure compliance assess patient progress and effectiveness of care delivery in meeting patient goals.
- Provides patients and staff supervision 24 hours a day when assigned on-call
- Collaborating with leadership/management team and office staff to facilitate timely office processing of paperwork and personnel information
- Actively participates in Agency quality improvement activities
- Promote the Agency and services to the public and participate in physician and community education related to services provided by the agency as registered