HOMEMAKER - COMPANION
- Brooksville, FL
Powell Supportive Services, Inc. is licensed by the State of Florida also servicing the DD Waiver, ADA Waiver, Cystic Fibrosis Waiver, TBI Waiver and PAC Waiver. The office is open five days a week and when closed an administrator is always on call. Our staff includes experienced Personal Care Aides, Home Health Aides, Massage Therapist, Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses. They are available seven days per week, 24 hours per day.
Provides for the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. Performs various housekeeping tasks, meal preparation and companionship activities
for clients in and out of their residence.
1. Provide the homemaking duties as instructed by the supervisor.
2. Maintain, minimally every other week contact with the administration of Powell Supportive Services, Inc.
3. Utilize company standards regarding documentation.
4. Only maintain the role of homemaker/companion while being paid as a homemaker/companion.
5. Maintain appropriate boundaries with the clients/PCA's by not becoming involved in personal life issues, utilizing the DON for collaboration in this
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must have the ability to commute to the client home
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Must be able to complete initial and ongoing training
- High school graduation required
- Visual/hearing ability sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication.
- Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, which may include heavy lifting and extensive bending and standing.
- Ability to deal effectively with stress.
- Able to bend and stand an average of 6 hours per day.
- Able to lift up to 50-75 pounds.
Able to write up to 3 hours per day.
- Able to work in a stressful environment.
- Able to drive 50-100 miles per day.
- Able to assess and communicate with ill patients, co-workers, and general public.
- Is neat in appearance and practice, with good personal hygiene.
Homemaker/Companion may be employed by the agency if he or she has met the following conditions:
- Homemaker/Companion is expected to pass competency examination with at least an 80% or better. The content of the competency evaluation of the agency will include is not limited to:
- communication skills
- observation, reporting, and documentation of a client's status and the care or service furnished
- basic infection control procedures and instruction on universal precautions
- maintenance of a clean, healthy, and safe environment
- recognizing emergencies and knowledge of emergency procedures the physical, emotional, and developmental needs of and ways to work with the populations served by the agency including, the need for respect for the client and his or her privacy and property
THE HOMEMAKER/COMPANION MAY NOT DO THE FOLLOWING:
- May not perform any cares not listed in the Service Plan or Case Manager's assessment or for which the Homemaker/Companion has not been trained.
- May not bring their children to work.
- May not care for or do homemaking/companion duties for anyone other than the client while claiming time for assisting that client with their homemaking/companion duties.
- May not be responsible for or baby-sit anyone while working for the client as a homemaker/companion.
- May not borrow or lend money or goods.
- May not eat the client's food.
- May not claim time for having performed duties that were not actually performed at the time claimed.
- May not perform any personal cares.