- Duryea, PA
PowerRail Distribution Incorporated is a certified AAR M-1003 distributor, manufacturer and remanufacturer of aftermarket locomotive parts, offering a wide range of products.
We are North America’s leading aftermarket parts provider, supporting both EMD and GE locomotives. In addition to our broad locomotive line, we also provide products for Passenger Transit, Marine and Power Generation markets.
Seeking expeditor/scheduler/ storeroom clerk for our machine shop…Mechanically-inclined a must. This position requires substantial computer work and exceptional organizational ability; Knowledge of machining, welding, and fabrication is also a plus.
- Strong computer and organizational skills required.
- Distribute production schedules or work orders to departments.
- Arrange for delivery, assembly, or distribution of supplies or parts to expedite flow of materials and meet production schedules.
- Place orders and maintain inventories of materials or supplies necessary to meet production demands utilizing company database.
- Confer with establishment personnel, vendors, or customers to coordinate production or delivery activities and to resolve complaints or eliminate delays.
- Record production data; including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, or quality control measures.
- Review documents, such as production schedules, work orders, or staffing tables, to determine personnel or materials requirements or material priorities.
- Provide updates to department supervisors or other personnel to assess progress and plan needed changes.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, at the direction of management and in collaboration with marketing, sales, production, or engineering.
- Examine documents, materials, or products and monitor work processes to assess completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
- Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or wages, using pricing schedules, adding machines, calculators, or computers.
- Print Purchase Orders, mechanical drawings, production schedules, work flow documents, etc.
- Database interface, spreadsheet entry and design, Outlook Calendar and email use.
- Familiarity with blueprints and production techniques a plus.
- Strong organizational and computer skills a must.
SALARY NEGOTIABLE depending on experience and ability.