If you are excited about the opportunity of working at a fast growing startup company we invite you to apply. Please include a cover letter with your application.
- Seattle, WA
Precision Demand is a TV media agency and technology startup that brings together the experience of veterans from Microsoft, Amazon.com, aQuantive, mPoria, AskMe, AdECN, Goto/Overture, iProspect, Razorfish, and InfoSpace. We’re building the company that we all want to work at. We're small enough that everyone can see the direct impact they make on the business but growing large enough that we can tackle the really difficult problems as a team.
We're serious about data, statistics, algorithms, usability, and our customers. We're serious about working hard and making a difference. We're serious about being serious. Seriously. Or not. But we're definitely serious about working with great people. Our team members volunteer in our community, cheer on the Sounders (and watch them march to the match past our window), 'wine' down at the end of the week, challenge each other in games from Go to Guillotine to Trivial Pursuit, and represent in the summer volleyball league. We love the startup mentality of jumping in to do whatever it takes and don't miss the inertia and bureaucracy of large companies.
Want to make an impact on the world? Enjoy data mining, big data, machine learning, statistics, databases, and other data centric activities. Have a deep knowledge of machine learning methods and the ability to tune them in practice to meet client needs?
Role and Responsibilities
- Deep analysis for clients in order to optimize their performance on TV.
- Develop new algorithms and guide implementation within the platform.
- Work directly with the client account management team to present proposals, update on results, and provide conclusions directly to clients.
- Present in depth models and approach to scientists/analysts at client companies.
- Conduct presentations, lead client meetings, and explain complex concepts.
- Given some raw data in a spreadsheet or database and a business question, the candidate should be able to analyze it and deliver relevant results.
- PhD, MS or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Economics or another quantitative or numerical field.
- Expert abilities with Excel will be important as many of our models are presented using this tool.
- The successful candidate will not only need to know algorithms - they will need to “have a knack” and genuine talent with data analysis.
- A successful track record of previous analytical consulting work for clients would be helpful.
- Communication and presentation skills need to be excellent.
- 2 years experience in quantitative role
- Applicants should be prepared to relocate to Seattle area
Television advertising spend is 60 billion dollars a year and growing. TV has triple the marketing dollars of online paid search and over six times the dollars spent on online display, it has a tiny fraction of the technology applied towards its measurement and optimization. It is unparalleled in its ability to drive demand and make a real business impact, but truly quantifying it is the biggest problem in advertising. At Precision Demand, we make it possible to target and measure the return-on-investment of TV advertising.
We don't think our clients should have to wait to quantify TV ROI just because it's really hard right now.
We build software to make convoluted logistics simple; we combine massively complex datasets to make media buying smarter; we develop algorithms to power unique insights; and we use scientific methodology to measure the unknown.
We're building a team of technologists, data experts, statisticians, scientists, software developers, analysts, UI creators, and media experts. We are looking for people that want to work with a hugely passionate, mildly sarcastic, and highly competent team in a startup tackling big, interesting, hairy problems that scare mere mortals.