- Birmingham, AL
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
The Production Foreman supervises and
coordinates day to day activities of production workers. This individual is responsible
for safety, production, quality, shipping and receiving, and maintenance on
• Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup
and adjustments of machines.
• Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for
completion of job assignment.
• Enforces company policies, rules, safety and environmental regulations.
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and
quality of product.
• Suggests changes in working conditions and us of equipment to increase efficiency
of shop, department, or work crew.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work
• Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
• Maintains time and production records.
• Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
• Confers with other management to coordinate production activities with other
• Responsible for documenting shift incidents and accidents using the
appropriate plant or corporate form.
• Responsible for ensuring the employees on the shift are wearing the correct
PPE and following safety rules.
• Verifies that Satellite Accumulation and RCRA requirements are being followed
by coater operators.
• Three to five years in the plant environment.
• Process control experience a plus.
• Steel, slitting, coil coating, and other steel related experience required.
• HS Diploma or equivalent required. College degree a plus.
• Ability to train, motivate, and direct production employees.
• Ability to work long and irregular hours in response to customer demands and production problems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.