- Blytheville, AR
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
Join the Precoat team at our Armorel/Blytheville facility as a Production Manager. The successful individual will direct and coordinate through production supervisory personell, day-to-day
production, warehousing, shipping and receiving activities of the plant coating
- Directs and coordinates through supervisory personnel day to day activities concerned with production methods and procedures, and capabilities of machines and equipment.
- Reviews production orders and schedules by monitoring computer program data to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan coating line operations.
- Plans production operations, with the input from Customer Service Department personnel to establish priorities and sequences.
- Review foremen’s operation reports to insure production and quality requirements are being met.
- Compiles weekly work schedule report to assure proper manpower is available for meeting short-term production demands.
- Requisitions additions to manpower to assure long term production requirements are met and makes personnel selection decisions in conjunction with HR. Confers with Plant Manager and other department managers to develop or revise production and quality control and cost control standards.
- Coordinates production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of the human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, and operation reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating or production problems.
- In conjunction with Quality Assurance personnel, develops and implements standard operating procedures and methods to eliminate coating line operating problems and to meet or exceed coating quality standards.
- Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems.
- Compiles, stores, and retrieves production data, using AS 400 computer system.
- Consults with engineering personnel relative to modification of coating line, cutting and roll grinding machines and equipment in order to improve production output and quality of products.
- Trains foremen in SOP’s and other production methods and techniques. May train production personnel when necessary.
- Evaluates and documents job performance issues of direct reports and production personnel and counsels or disciplines as necessary.
- Responsible for documenting shift incidents and accidents and ensuring the employees on the shift are wearing the correct PPE and following safety rules.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required, College degree preferred.
- Practical and theoretical technical knowledge gained through several years of plant production or maintenance experience, preferably in coil coating operations; first line supervisory experience.
- Ability to train, motivate, and direct production employees.
- Planning, organizing, and communication skills.
- Personnel management skills.
- Poise, tact, and diplomacy to transact business successfully with customers, vendors, and subordinates.
- Technical competence to deal with production and equipment decisions.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in response to customer demands and production issues.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.