Operations Support- Temporary Assignment
- Granite City, IL
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
We currently are looking for Temporary Operations Support for our facility in Granite City, IL. This role is the designated assistant for the preparation of materials for pre and post production processes, as well as routine maintenance of line equipment, buildings and grounds. They are called upon to assist with, and may be assigned work in, any area of the plant, including coating lines, slitting, shipping, receiving, paint vault, and packaging. We anticipate work starting late May, early June timeframe.
- Retrieves and transports bare coils and maintains flow of metal to lines by safely operating cranes, fork lifts, and upenders without damaging material or equipment
- Inspects fork lift prior to operating and reports problems to maintenance
- Weighs bare and coated coils
- Trims, packages and bands finished coils according to customer specifications using proper skids, bands, pads, and wrapping materials
- Identifies coils by applying correct tags
- Inspects coils and identifies and reports defects
- Inspects crane cables, hoists, hooks, and chains and reports problems to maintenance
- Reads and interprets production schedules
- Accurately identifies proper skid and package specified on schedules
- Uses various hand tools to perform tasks such as banding, cleaning floors, etc.
- Operates core cutting equipment
- Verifies core length, aligns core and places core onto arbor
- Operates manual or electric shears to trim steel coils
- Inputs and retrieves information from the AS/400 main frame
- Reads and accurately records coil weights, order numbers, etc.
- Measures OD of coils using a calibrated rule
- Maintains clean and organized work area according to 5S standards
- Loads or unloads received or shipped coils onto or off of trucks
- Places bare or coated coils in proper storage locations
- Transports drums of paints and solvents to and from coating rooms and paint vault without damaging material
- Assists line operators with stitching coil strips together
Key Success Factors:
- Ability to read and comprehend written materials such as schedules, SOPs, work rules, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all members of team.
- High school level reading and writing, visual acuity to read labels, meters, gauges, documents and instructions
- Ability to work in an industrial or warehouse environment with fork lifts, cranes, etc.
- Ability to safely operate small manual and electric hand tools
- Available to work up to 12 hours per day on rotating shifts, that could include weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.