- Hawesville, KY
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
The selected Maintenance Manager will supervise the installation, maintenance, and repair of plant equipment, building, and grounds. Engineering design and construction, alteration, or modification of existing facilities may also be involved.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees the installation of new equipment.
- Establish/maintain maintenance standards. Responsible for supervising the daily activity of the maintenance department. Instruct, direct, and assist maintenance employees in the performance of duties.
- Assume daily responsibility for equipment to assure maximum productivity.
- Compile and maintain factual information on plant facilities.
- Responsible for providing and scheduling manpower along with direction of employees necessary to accomplish all maintenance activities.
- Work in conjunction with Production Manager to coordinate plant activities related to overall operations.
- Prepare preventative maintenance programs for both short and long range economics.
- Issue purchases requisitions. Establish cost estimates for capital/replacement expenditures.
- Must set high standard in the area of safety throughout the facility.
- Responsible for assuring shift incidents and accidents are reported on appropriate plant or corporate form.
- Responsible for ensuring the employees are wearing the correct PPE and following safety rules.
- Monitor and manages utilities daily (Gas\ Electric\ Water).
- Responsible for the selection and development of maintenance department employees.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Engineering degree or equivalent with 1 to 3 years in industrial maintenance management. No degree requires 8-10 years of experience, with a minimum of 5 years in a managerial role.
- Computer literate (MS Office).
- Needs to have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to work with a variety of individuals at all levels.
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision and have excellent project management skills..
- Troubleshooting electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and structural problems in the field, in a timely manner.
- Manages the fleet of material handling equipment (rail, crane, forklift, manlift).
- PLC programming experience highly desired
- Familiar with AC and DC drives
ATTRIBUTES of EXCELLENCE:
- Demonstrating expertise – Thorough and organized project management skills.
- Communicating – Proactively anticipates and acts.
- Adapting – Adjusts approach to achieve success.
- Serving – Manages both up and down.
- Leading – Manages people well.
- Motivating and empowering – Develops staff. Steady under pressure.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.