Product Quality Technician
- St. Louis, MO
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring we are producing a quality product by implementing proper standards and physical test requirements to production. Additionally, the individual is responsible for insuring coatings are applied within spec and to help insure optimum paint usage through daily audits.
- Conduct physical quality testing.
- Maintain paint standard files.
- Maintain physical test files
- Responsible for various in-house quality control audit checks and testing methods.
- Audit daily paint usage.
- Audit daily paint DF control.
- Audit color and gloss trending.
- Audit requested paint vendor changes on specific coatings.
- Monitor coating film thickness and conversion coating weights during all production.
- Assist as backup to the manufacturing line.
- Other tasks as determined by the Quality Manager.
Minimum of a High School diploma and 2+ years of experience in a quality role preferably in the steel, coating or manufacturing industry.
- Accuracy with details, regulatory, legal or requirement, timely and concise record keeping.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to speak with hourly production workers, management and vendors.
- Multi-taker within the ability to prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Must be computer literate, familiar with the Windows Operating system.
- Must be able to work various shifts in a plant environment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.