Technical Services Manager
- Birmingham, AL
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
The Technical Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring the timely resolution of claims, problem solving to eliminate claims, and provide sufficient information and follow up with customers to facilitate success of existing and future business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Interface with customers on a daily basis and ensure appropriate and timely resolution for claims.
- Work with suppliers, customers and the plant to resolve claims as cost effectively as possible.
- Partner with plant management and personnel to
- Eliminate claims
- Drive process improvement
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Improve product performance in the field
- Participate in plant meetings and help educate and inform plant personnel .
- Be present on line for key runs as they relate to customer issues.
- Work hand in hand with plant personnel to initiate and document corrective actions.
- Perform field Inspections, evaluate alternatives, and develop solutions to address situations.
- Coordinate field refinishes with suppliers, contractors, customers and end users.
- Work with Tech Services Coordinator on claims administration which includes
- Tracking in AS400
- Lab review and analysis
- Research of production
- Accounting and accruals
- Timely response to the customer
- Initiate, drive and support claims problem solving.
- Work with Tech Services Coordinator to research and resolve unauthorized deductions
- Monitor and analyze plant metrics on claims and claims improvement projects.
- Associates degree or equivalent from a 2 year college or technical school preferred.
- Green Belt Certified preferred
- 3 – 5 years related technical experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Self directed, tenacious
- Able to work independently or in a team environment
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret procedures and work instructions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated PC literacy with an emphasis on the Microsoft Office package and mainframe programs such as AS400 and/or similar product
- Good organizational skills
- Able to prioritize tasks and focus on the critical items
- Able to recognize when priorities shift and flexible enough to accommodate it.
- Ability to multi task
- Conflict resolution
This is not an Information Technology position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer