Production Control Manager
- Weirton, WV
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are committed to this level of quality in both our product line and customer service, and focus our resources on investigating and implementing new coil coating technologies, developing unique coatings, ink and film systems, and designing multifaceted prints while reducing the cycle time to market. We are able to achieve this "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of the people on our team.
The Production Control Manager participates in the development and refinement of production schedules. The selected individual will directly track and analyze new and ongoing orders, implement production changes as required and coordinating changes with Production Management and Customer Service. This individual will work closely with procurement to maintain satisfactory levels of raw materials to meet production objectives.
- Manages records and tracking of materials.
- Creates production schedules based on customer orders and line capacity.
- Determines and oversees the production and shipment goals.
- Communicates and coordinates with vendors when inventory levels drop below production needs.
- Consistently evaluates inventory levels to prevent and/or identify excess.
- Utilizing schedules to track sequence and lead times of manufacturing operations.
- Ability to evaluate MRP output, assess accuracy and ensure Work Orders are released on time.
- Evaluate scheduled requirements vs work flow readiness and identify exceptions/issues
- Assess potential material constraints and collaborate with stakeholders to mitigate risks.
- Develop and utilize planning factors to optimize the flow of supply and demand (BOM, attrition, lot sizing/ material lead times/ manufacturing cycle times).
- Ensure timely and accurate system transactions/reports from release to completion.
- Demonstrate proficiency with MRP systems tools to generate and analyze reports and metrics. Strong skills with MS Excel and ability to create spreadsheets
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
The successful Production Control Manager will have:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree is a plus.
- Practical and theoretical technical knowledge gained through a minimum of 7 years of plant production or maintenance experience, preferably in coil coating operations
- Ability to train, motivate, and direct production employees.
- Planning, organizing, and communication skills.
- Personnel management skills.
- Poise, tact, and diplomacy to transact business successfully with customers, vendors, subordinates, and union officials.
- Technical competence to deal with production decisions.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in response to customer demands
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.